Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: once2work on April 14, 2008, 03:56:30 am
-
Hi Everyone,
I don't have a Lightroom yet, after I trying the Beta 2, I decide to buy one.
I was using Bibble 4 before DPP have update for Canon 40D, but I don't happy with both, the Bibble is not friendly to use and the noise they generated, DPP don't have much adjustment , it is strightly a converter.
I wonder, if I buy a LR 1.x.x version, would I entitle to upgrade free when the Beta 2 on the market.
Need your's advice and comments.
best
Paul
-
I wonder, if I buy a LR 1.x.x version, would I entitle to upgrade free when the Beta 2 on the market.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It does make you wonder about the logic here - you can't buy LR 2, but it's out there and looking good. You can buy 1.x, but why would you, if there's no promise (or statement of upgrade pricing) of a free upgrade to 2 ?
-
…I wonder, if I buy a LR 1.x.x version, would I entitle to upgrade free when the Beta 2 on the market.
…
Wait until you receive the official words from Adobe. You might want to contact Adobe directly.
-
Only Adobe knows for sure, but personally I couldn't see a difference between someone who purchased Lightroom 1.0 and received free updates to Lightroom 1.4, and someone who bought Lightroom 1.4 directly. I would think it likely that either everyone gets upgraded or no one, and more likely the latter. Lightroom 2.0 is a new version with significant improvements.
But again, only Adobe knows for sure, and they aren't saying. The Lightroom 2.0 Beta is set to expire at the end of August, so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Mike.