Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Michael HG on April 13, 2008, 12:42:53 pm

Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: Michael HG on April 13, 2008, 12:42:53 pm
Hi,

the longest LF digital lenses I found were 180mm / 210mm.

Which longer analog lenses have the performance that fit for the 39mp ?
Did anybody test this out?
Are 100% crops available?

Thanks


Michael
Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: hilljf on April 13, 2008, 12:46:15 pm
Michael,
      I use the 300mm from Hasselblad on an H2 with the P45+ and the results are stunning.

John
Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: Michael HG on April 13, 2008, 12:50:35 pm
Quote
Michael,
      I use the 300mm from Hasselblad on an H2 with the P45+ and the results are stunning.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189235\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I have the 300mm and in deed it is excellent!.
What I did not mentioned: I work with a quadstitch on a Sinar P2 so I need an image circle of 120mm.

Michael
Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: BJNY on April 13, 2008, 01:09:23 pm
Perhaps Nikkor T series (ED glass) which barely covered 4x5.
Focal lengths were 270mm or 360/500mm.

I make this suggestion because the Nikkor 120mm AM-ED I own
holds its own against the latest macro lenses from Rodenstock/Linos & Schneider.
Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: DavidP on April 13, 2008, 01:28:44 pm
There is a review on the luminous landscape on those Nikon lenses suggesting they are excellent with digital.
I have rented both the  210 Schneider apo symmar and the 210 Rodenstock apo sironar for stitching on a 4x5 with a P45 and had good results. Schneider also makes a 210 apo digitar, but I have never used it.
Title: sharpest lenses above 210mm
Post by: yaya on April 13, 2008, 02:20:30 pm
I have personally tested the Nikor 360mm and can say that it is excellent, at least with a 33MP back down (up?) to f16

Yair