Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: klane on April 12, 2008, 04:21:36 pm

Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: klane on April 12, 2008, 04:21:36 pm
It appears a US release is jsut around the corner, I stumbled upon this: http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/ (http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/)  the other day.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 6 foot para, let's just hope the prices are reasonable  


Ive been talking to Steve at PPR, and he said as soon as he hears something official on pricing and release from mac group he'll let me know.

I just thought profoto users here would be excited!  


Enjoy~
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: TMARK on April 14, 2008, 01:00:35 am
Quote
It appears a US release is jsut around the corner, I stumbled upon this: http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/ (http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/)  the other day.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 6 foot para, let's just hope the prices are reasonable  
Ive been talking to Steve at PPR, and he said as soon as he hears something official on pricing and release from mac group he'll let me know.

I just thought profoto users here would be excited! 
Enjoy~
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope these are better than the last set of giants.  The only one I liked was the 5 foot for its punch. I couldn't ever get the larger ones to give enough focused light.
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: Dansk on April 14, 2008, 08:57:12 am
Their just playing catch up to Elinchrome
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: canmiya on April 14, 2008, 09:01:26 am
Quote
Their just playing catch up to Elinchrome
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

elinchrom?  looks more like Broncolor para is the target here.
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: Dansk on April 14, 2008, 09:06:17 am
I was thinking of the Octa. Its been on top for a long time and theres lots of attempts to copy but its difficult to surpass. Never used the Broncolor. The jumbo Porofoto looks interesting I'll try it when the arrive
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: Dansk on April 14, 2008, 09:14:35 am
Quote
elinchrom?  looks more like Broncolor para is the target here.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eee gads you are so correct here. A complete rip off on Profotos behalf it would seem i just checked the BC site. I guess thats what happens when your dealer doesn't carry Broncolor I had no idea about those para boxes...
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: Mark Regan on April 14, 2008, 10:05:04 am
Hi,

well the prices for those are in Europe (please convert to $ and hold your breath):

diameter 1,8m: 3495 €
diameter 2,4m: 5170 €
diameter 3  m: 6835 €
 

They are all inspired by Briese....
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: EgillBjarki on April 14, 2008, 11:30:48 am
Quote
It appears a US release is jsut around the corner, I stumbled upon this: http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/ (http://www.profoto.com/en/products/giants/)  the other day.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 6 foot para, let's just hope the prices are reasonable  
Ive been talking to Steve at PPR, and he said as soon as he hears something official on pricing and release from mac group he'll let me know.

I just thought profoto users here would be excited! 
Enjoy~
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the scoop, looking forward in how the new Laptops from Mac are going to look like.

Regards,
Egill Bjarki
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: pprdigital on April 14, 2008, 12:09:48 pm
Quote
Thanks for the scoop, looking forward in how the new Laptops from Mac are going to look like.

Regards,
Egill Bjarki
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189415\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Egill

There's a little confusion. MacGroupUSA is the US distributor for ProFoto (and Mamiya, Leaf, Sekonic, Xrite, Tenba, etc).

Although I'm also looking forward to a new Mac laptop design...


Steve Hendrix
Title: New Profoto Giants
Post by: EgillBjarki on April 15, 2008, 02:44:57 am
Quote
Egill

There's a little confusion. MacGroupUSA is the US distributor for ProFoto (and Mamiya, Leaf, Sekonic, Xrite, Tenba, etc).

Although I'm also looking forward to a new Mac laptop design...
Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189426\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, my bad. Thanks for correcting the misunderstanding.