Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Lisa Nikodym on April 08, 2008, 12:40:13 pm

Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on April 08, 2008, 12:40:13 pm
I enjoy reading articles like "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed", really about photography instead of about yet another new piece of gear, or what some other web site is doing, etc. etc.  Those are fine and useful in their way, but in sheer quantity they sometimes seem to overwhelm the articles and discussions truly about the making of photographs.

Thanks very much, Michael, for that little article, and I look forward to more along those lines!

Lisa
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: wolfnowl on April 08, 2008, 01:00:14 pm
Hadn't thought about it like that exactly, but 'tis true nonetheless!

Thanks from me 2!

Mike.
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: Quentin on April 08, 2008, 02:10:58 pm
Great shot.  Extraordinary, even.   I can't get the image out of my mind.

Quentin
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: francofit on April 08, 2008, 02:21:03 pm
I very much agree too.
I would add my thanks to Michael for the article and for giving us the opportunity to add this impressive picture to our mental collection.

Thanks!
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: Paul Sumi on April 08, 2008, 02:42:27 pm
I definitely enjoyed reading the article.  One thing that adds to the image's mystery is that it is monochromatic.  That, the graininess and the setting lend almost an antique or vintage "feel" that I find quite intriguing.  Of course, once I took a closer look at the woman this notion was quickly disabused.  

Paul
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: barryfitzgerald on April 08, 2008, 03:00:06 pm
Ditto on the above. A very strong image, and an interesting article with it..

Nice work..
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: DarkPenguin on April 09, 2008, 10:09:50 pm
If you get lenswork Brooks Jensen does some podcasts that comment on specific images.

http://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast2-2.htm (http://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast2-2.htm)

Can be fun.  Hasn't done one since like January but when he does they are entertaining.

(That goddamn cat is going to jump to the top of the door again, sit, scream and wait for me to rescue her and then claw the hell out of me in the process.   Yep.  Dammit.)
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on April 09, 2008, 10:19:44 pm
Quote
(That goddamn cat is going to jump to the top of the door again, sit, scream and wait for me to rescue her and then claw the hell out of me in the process.   Yep.  Dammit.)

Isn't that why God invented squirt guns???
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: viewfinder on April 10, 2008, 04:10:49 am
The 'Balmoral Mist' item was excellent!

More like this please.......
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: Sunesha on April 12, 2008, 07:52:11 am
I also liked this. I hope I will see more off this kind off articles. It made me think a lot more why a photo is good. To me it was a good lesson.
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: viswan on April 12, 2008, 02:50:47 pm
Thanks for this fascinating photo analysis.  Let's have some more!
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: bobrapp on April 13, 2008, 06:34:34 am
When I saw that magnificent image, I knew I had been there and the article verified that. Balmoral is a magical beach with a bridge to "Rocky Point". Thanks for sharing the image and your impressions.

Bob Rapp
Title: Thanks for "Balmoral Mist Deconstructed"
Post by: papa v2.0 on April 16, 2008, 09:54:29 am
a door under the bridge? is it not part of the next pillar?

hey but i like they way you are thinking. great pic