Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Samotano on April 08, 2008, 10:05:47 am

Title: XMP Bridge and Lightroom
Post by: Samotano on April 08, 2008, 10:05:47 am
I'm slowly starting to move from bridge to lightroom.  However, I noticed that the Camera Raw edits done under Bridge (where I set the xmp to be saved in the same folder as the pictures), do not show up in lightroom.  Is this normal behaviour? Would I loose all those edits in lightroom?
Thanks.
Title: XMP Bridge and Lightroom
Post by: john beardsworth on April 08, 2008, 10:13:40 am
Quote
I'm slowly starting to move from bridge to lightroom.  However, I noticed that the Camera Raw edits done under Bridge (where I set the xmp to be saved in the same folder as the pictures), do not show up in lightroom.  Is this normal behaviour? Would I loose all those edits in lightroom?
Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187948\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No you shouldn't lose those CR edits. Lightroom will read them automatically when it first imports images with Bridge xmp data. But it you edit the files again in Bridge/CR after they are already in Lightroom, then use Library > Metadata > Read from File.

John