Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Andres Bonilla on April 08, 2008, 01:58:54 am

Title: Elephant Rock
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 08, 2008, 01:58:54 am
(http://www.pbase.com/abonilla/image/63533238.jpg)
Title: Elephant Rock
Post by: lbalbinot on April 08, 2008, 09:40:33 am
Andres,

it looks like you overused the "Clarity" effect or you had a bad mask to work on the sky. I can see that the edges of the rocks are way too dark. Try reducing it or using another local contrast enhancement technique. It will make the picture much better!

Regards,
Luis
Title: Elephant Rock
Post by: offissa on April 13, 2008, 01:00:20 pm
The edges are a bit of a mess, but it's a nice dramatic composition.
Title: Elephant Rock
Post by: larryg on April 13, 2008, 01:46:04 pm
I have been there   (Valley of Fire) and photographed this ste.

The golden glow from sunset would make the red pop much better (if wishes were horses).

My image of this did not have much interest (cloudy day)   Certainly looks like an elephant
Title: Elephant Rock
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2008, 09:46:45 am
Thank you guys I am in South America now, yes I need to follow that tutorial on selections  I loved the Valley of Fire, I will post more photos later on.

Andres