Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Killer Angel on April 02, 2008, 12:23:50 pm
-
I am thinking of getting the Gitzo 2530LVL Carbon Fiber tripod.For those of you who has ever had experiences with this tripod,would you highly recommend it?For your information the head that I am thinking of getting to be partnered with the Gitzo 2530LVL tripod is the Markins M-10L ballhead and so far,the heaviest lens that I shall be using with it is the Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS.Maybe,in the future,I also might be getting the Canon 300 F2.8L IS lens.
Thanks.
-
I am thinking of getting the Gitzo 2530LVL Carbon Fiber tripod.For those of you who has ever had experiences with this tripod,would you highly recommend it?For your information the head that I am thinking of getting to be partnered with the Gitzo 2530LVL tripod is the Markins M-10L ballhead and so far,the heaviest lens that I shall be using with it is the Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS.Maybe,in the future,I also might be getting the Canon 300 F2.8L IS lens.
Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not quite the same, but I've got a 3530GT and Markins M20 and find it a ncie solid combination with a 5D or 1Ds3 with any of my lenses, longest being the 70-300DO (but more likely to use the 70-200 f4L
Mike
-
GT2540LVL + Markins M20 "Emily", works fine with the 5D + 24-105 or 70-200/f4.
-
GT2540LVL + Markins M20 "Emily", works fine with the 5D + 24-105 or 70-200/f4.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
the lvl part of the tripod costs upwards of $100, adds weight and will probably not last as long. It is only useful in specific situations.
I have one and like it. Things it is good for: angling the head over a wall, easily setting up a level base for the ball head if doing panos, and probably a few other applications.
In general, I don't think it is a necessity and especially not if you are price sensitive.
-
Have the 1228LVL (4 section) and like it. If I had to do it over again I would probably get the Explorer or one without a center column + a leveling base, as I find reversing the center column to do ground level a pain.
-
I use a RRS BH 55 with a 2530LVL and like the combo a lot
The Bogen / Manfrotto MBAG80 31.5" Tripod Bag fits it well
Marc
-
the lvl part of the tripod costs upwards of $100, adds weight and will probably not last as long. It is only useful in specific situations.
Shooting panoramas the LVL part is essential for me. Couldn't go without it.