Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Shedaoshai on April 01, 2008, 08:54:44 pm

Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Shedaoshai on April 01, 2008, 08:54:44 pm
Hey Guys,

if I buy an Eye-One Pro Photo LT, may I use it with a third party software for measuring RGB/CMYK profiles, like basiccolor print? Or do I need an XT or Proof hardware version, cause there is any kind of hardware lock build in?

Thanks !
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Shedaoshai on April 02, 2008, 11:07:41 am
nobody knows?
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on April 02, 2008, 12:09:08 pm
Some programs support third-party spectros like the EyeOne, others do not. You'll have to ask the program vendor what devices it supports. I've used my EyeOne with various RIPs for linearizing and profiling large-format printers, so I know some third-party software supports it.
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Scott Martin on April 02, 2008, 12:20:33 pm
EyeOne support in 3rd party applications is quite extensive. It is rare for a modern profile making application or RIP to not support it, although some will prefer the UV cut version. XRite's free ColorPort (CP) application is notable because it let's you create, measure and save targets in a variety of formats compatible with a variety of profiling applications. CP is the universal measurement citizen that I suspect we'll be seeing more of in the future.
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Doyle Yoder on April 02, 2008, 12:32:25 pm
Interesting that Colorport is still a PPC app. So when might we start to see MacIntel native profiling apps????

Doyle
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Shedaoshai on April 02, 2008, 12:53:12 pm
thanks guys!

i was thinking if there are any hardware differences between the x-rite offers (e.g. design or proof) which would affect third party software
Title: Eye-One Pro - Third Party Software
Post by: Scott Martin on April 02, 2008, 01:13:19 pm
Quote
Interesting that Colorport is still a PPC app. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186433\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes and that SpectraVision is Universal Binary with profiling! mums the word for the moment...