Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: ixpressraf on April 01, 2008, 11:56:58 am
-
Hi there,
I am looking for a better focussing screen for my H3d. I have been shooting a while with a mamiya 645 pro TL and it was almost always perfect sharp(99.9 percent) . Never in front or back focussing, easally and quick, without an extra go-over to be sure i reached the sharpest point ( as i do with my hassie). The rest is sh.t about that cr.ppy camera but still..... focussing was a dream becomming reallity.
So, now i want to experiance this also on my H3d.
Any idea's????? Someone using a good screen and where to get it at wich price......
Thanks, Raf
-
Hahaha...
You are just missing out on some other discussions where we are cursing the H2/H3 focussing and wondering about whether another screen might be helpful.
I am wondering about either Maxell or Brightscreen. Bernd has just ordered a Maxell for a project where he needs to shoot people with large apertures. I will wait until I hear about his experience with the Maxell screen before I buy either one of them.
The Brightscreen is about 280USD ex VAT and Shipping. Maybe Bernd can enlighten us on how much the Maxell is going for and with what options. I would like to have some lines (5:4 & the 3rd's) in the screen.
I have a higher hit rate with my funky Digiflex than the H2.
-
From Bill Maxwells mail:
I make two HI-LUX screens for the Hasselblad H series cameras. These screens are:
(1) HI-LUX Brilliant Matte - very bright, contrasty, high clarity, all matte screen - $525.00 *
(2) HI-LUX Micro/Split RF (Type II) - 4 mm diameter horizontal split image rangefinder in the center, surrounded by a 7 mm diameter microprism collar, surrounded by a bright matte field - $525.00 *
All screens are available (a) without lines, ( 645 lines, © with grid lines. Digital sensor format lines and other special features such a contrast format outline also available at additional cost. All of my products are made to order. Please allow us time to produce your screen.
* The Hasselblad H series cameras require a Hasselblad H series frame (and cover glass) in order to mount our screen, which increases the cost compared to other camera types.
***Bernd - My HI-LUX Brilliant Matte screen would be easier to focus compared to the Acute-Matte screen that came with your camera. However, no visual focus system can be as accurate as the ability of modern digital backs to resolve detail. While my screens are the best in the industry, but the only way you can accurately focus a digital back with a fast lens wide open is to tether the camera. If it is not possible to tether the camera, then my screens will give you the best chance of acheiving sharp focus.
I ordered one.
Best,
Bernd
Hahaha...
You are just missing out on some other discussions where we are cursing the H2/H3 focussing and wondering about whether another screen might be helpful.
I am wondering about either Maxell or Brightscreen. Bernd has just ordered a Maxell for a project where he needs to shoot people with large apertures. I will wait until I hear about his experience with the Maxell screen before I buy either one of them.
The Brightscreen is about 280USD ex VAT and Shipping. Maybe Bernd can enlighten us on how much the Maxell is going for and with what options. I would like to have some lines (5:4 & the 3rd's) in the screen.
I have a higher hit rate with my funky Digiflex than the H2.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186179\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Didn't realize the H series screens sucked so badly.
-
The H series prism finders and focussing screens are way better than those of the Mamiya AFD. The viewing system was THE reason for me to decide on Hasselblad H.
But it has some limits. I hope to make progress with the Bill Waxwell screen.
Bernd
Didn't realize the H series screens sucked so badly.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186418\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
I ordered a screen from Brightscreen 2 months ago. I have inquired several times over the past weeks and always promised within the week. Now i am getting no response. I need to look elsewhere too
Hi there,
I am looking for a better focussing screen for my H3d. I have been shooting a while with a mamiya 645 pro TL and it was almost always perfect sharp(99.9 percent) . Never in front or back focussing, easally and quick, without an extra go-over to be sure i reached the sharpest point ( as i do with my hassie). The rest is sh.t about that cr.ppy camera but still..... focussing was a dream becomming reallity.
So, now i want to experiance this also on my H3d.
Any idea's????? Someone using a good screen and where to get it at wich price......
Thanks, Raf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186131\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]