Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NigelC on March 31, 2008, 09:21:21 am
-
In a moment of possible (alcohol fuelled) madness, in feeding in the first sheet of paper through my new Epson 3800, I somehow managed to feed the paper into the sheet feed holder on the wrong side of the width adjuster (wondered why it wouldn't stretch to A2!) Obviously, it showed a misfeed, but as I couldn't pull the paper out the way it went in, had to induce it to go the whole way through by scrolling through the buttons on the front. The A3+ sheet emerged with 2 rows of indentations, although it did print succesfully when put through the right way.
Realise this is not the recommended way to treat a printer, but is it likely to have done any long term damage to the print heads?
-
In a moment of possible (alcohol fuelled) madness, in feeding in the first sheet of paper through my new Epson 3800, I somehow managed to feed the paper into the sheet feed holder on the wrong side of the width adjuster (wondered why it wouldn't stretch to A2!) Obviously, it showed a misfeed, but as I couldn't pull the paper out the way it went in, had to induce it to go the whole way through by scrolling through the buttons on the front. The A3+ sheet emerged with 2 rows of indentations, although it did print succesfully when put through the right way.
Realise this is not the recommended way to treat a printer, but is it likely to have done any long term damage to the print heads?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185669\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
if there's no ink on the paper, you didn't touch the print head.
-
if there's no ink on the paper, you didn't touch the print head.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185671\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
When I first got my 3800 I made the mistake of using the front feeder with paper that wasn't thick enough. This resulted in paper jams and instead of powering off per the instructions I yanked the paper out while the head was still printing! I did this maybe 4 times. Luckily it continues to print perfectly. This is a tough printer.
-
if there's no ink on the paper, you didn't touch the print head.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185671\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No there was no ink on the paper - hopefully no damage then