Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dmcginlay on March 30, 2008, 06:50:55 pm

Title: Curious Inkjet printer banding problem
Post by: dmcginlay on March 30, 2008, 06:50:55 pm
I have a inkjet printer (Canon s520) that started to create banding areas (less cyan and magenta) in the last 1 inch of the paper (length). I was printing 4X6.

So, I changed the paper size to 8.5X11 inches and the last 1 inch showed the same problem with banding.

Hmm, maybe I need to clean.  I went through a cleaning cycle - no effect.

Well, it some mechanical issue, roller or print head I thought.

I played around and created a custom paper size of 4X7 inches and the problem no longer appeared. Hmm, that is really curious doesn't seem like a mechanical issue, I thought. Changed the paper size back to 4X6 and sure enough the banding issue was back - curious.

So, if I add an extra 1 inch to any size to the length the problem doesn't occur.

I know, so what's the problem - your right, I have been adding 1 inch extra with no issues!

So, is this a corrupted driver issue? I don't know.

Anyone with an idea what the issue may be?

Thanks in advance,

Don