Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mdijb on March 30, 2008, 11:31:22 am
-
I am printing 24x32 images on an Epson 7600. Out of nowhere, Photoshsop freezes during the processing and apparently is not sending info to the print printer. The Printer window shows no jobs
I have ben printing without problem until now.
The image is about 2GB in size. I am using Photoshop 10.0.1 and have followed the procedure regarding removing and adding back the printer in the printer list.
I have replaced Photshop preferences.
-
Is your image resolution 300ppi or less? Anything higher is surplus that's tossed-out, but it takes a lot of memory to do that.
Are your layers flattened?
Does your computer have at least 2GB of memory?
Have you set up your scratch disk and allocated virtual memory according to Adobe's recommendations?
-
My images are 360 PPI.--I won't discuss here why I do that--that's not relevant here.
I have 4 GB of memory.
The layers are not flattened.
Scratch disk is set up OK.
I did trash the profile I was using and replaced, to rule out a corrupted profile---No help
MDIJB
-
More frustration!!!
I just printed an different 24x32 image that had more layers and was about the same size as my problem image(1.7 GB). without any hassle.
I even flattened the problema image and still no luck.
What is it about this image that Photoshop is not liking??
MDIJB
-
I am printing 24x32 images on an Epson 7600. Out of nowhere, Photoshsop freezes during the processing and apparently is not sending info to the print printer. The Printer window shows no jobs
I have ben printing without problem until now.
The image is about 2GB in size. I am using Photoshop 10.0.1 and have followed the procedure regarding removing and adding back the printer in the printer list.
I have replaced Photshop preferences.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Windows or Mac? My personal experience has been that WinXP won't let you print a 2 gig image no matter what you try, which I presume is a problem somewhere in the bowels of Microsoft's kludgy code. It seems to be a different issue from Photoshop's pixel limit. I just downsampled a bit and all was well. At that kind of image size, you won't be able to tell the difference, at least on matte/rag papers, until you get below 240 dpi at least. And the 7600 is a very competitive printer on rag papers even today, though not so good on luster/gloss etc.
-
I am using a MAC
How about this for more frustration.
I just tried another image. I printed a 20x28, and let Photoshop fit it on a 12x17 sheet for proofing.
No Problem.
I then Added a 2 inch black border by increasing the canvas size and tried to print full size--sam problem again.
Can any one figure this out??
MDIJB
-
I am using a MAC
How about this for more frustration.
I just tried another image. I printed a 20x28, and let Photoshop fit it on a 12x17 sheet for proofing.
No Problem.
I then Added a 2 inch black border by increasing the canvas size and tried to print full size--sam problem again.
Can any one figure this out??
MDIJB
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
RIP or Epson driver?
it maybe you're hitting the pixel limit on PS3, think it's 300'000 x 300'000.
try dropping the PPI to 240 or 180.
-
RIP or Epson driver?
it maybe you're hitting the pixel limit on PS3, think it's 300'000 x 300'000.
try dropping the PPI to 240 or 180.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
300,000 at 360 dpi equals 833 inches, that is not the problem. I am thinking there is a 2 gig limit.
-
I am printing 24x32 images on an Epson 7600. Out of nowhere, Photoshsop freezes during the processing and apparently is not sending info to the print printer. The Printer window shows no jobs
I have ben printing without problem until now.
The image is about 2GB in size. I am using Photoshop 10.0.1 and have followed the procedure regarding removing and adding back the printer in the printer list.
I have replaced Photshop preferences.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi, I'm curious why the file is 2GB: 24x32in @ 360dpi = 284MB image size
Is there a problem in resizing a file that big?
Jon
-
After lots of phone time with Adobe and epson, the problem seems to have been fixed by an embarrasingly small maneuver. I allocated too much memory to photoshop and reducing it to 45% seems to have worked.