Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: David J on March 28, 2008, 01:30:18 pm

Title: Mirror images of cars
Post by: David J on March 28, 2008, 01:30:18 pm
I need to process shoot a car 45 degree angle with rflection on the floor everything else is dropped out so it looks like its sittting in water or laquer. Two images then what? Needs to look three d
Title: Mirror images of cars
Post by: sniper on March 28, 2008, 04:57:58 pm
Can you post a pic so we can see exactly what your talking about?, it shouldn't be difficult with a duplicate layer to transform it (free transform) then lower the opacity and make the reflection.    Wayne
Title: Mirror images of cars
Post by: David J on March 28, 2008, 06:17:51 pm
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10...ford.gt.500.jpg (http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/hippest.vehicles/05.ford.gt.500.jpg)

THis is what I'm looking for. BUt I'll be doing more cars faster turn around time
Title: Mirror images of cars
Post by: sniper on March 29, 2008, 07:19:23 am
For that I'd use what I suggested above (probably similar to what you already used) it shouldn't take that long.
Some pros will shoot in a reflecting pool, but it's not always practical (we cant use it in our studios for example) so we have to "fake" it.  Wayne
Title: Mirror images of cars
Post by: haefnerphoto on March 29, 2008, 09:47:50 am
I've tried plexiglass with a sub floor, reflective vinyl, epoxy paint and reflecting ponds.  So far the only true reflection I've gotten is a pond, which is very time consuming.  The example could have been CGI, a model on plexiglas (as seen in the Recent Works thread) or a pond.  Another thing to try is flopping the image and massaging the tires to meet in post.  On low angles it works well enough.  Actually, the higher the camera is, the better the various surfaces work distortion wise, I think you can pretty much count on spending $6,000.00 and up to accomplish the task.  Jim