Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: David Duchesne on March 26, 2008, 06:18:11 pm

Title: refill k3 epson ink carts
Post by: David Duchesne on March 26, 2008, 06:18:11 pm
I am about to own a 9880.  I have read some commentary  on this site about refilling inkcarts and chip reseting.  If one buys 220ml  epson  inkcarts- is there any cheaper way to buy the k3 inks?  I believe the new 11880 series printer inks are too different to use in the 9880 therefore the 700 ml inks cart economy are not available to 9880 users?
Title: refill k3 epson ink carts
Post by: KeithR on March 26, 2008, 06:24:33 pm
Quote
I am about to own a 9880.  I have read some commentary  on this site about refilling inkcarts and chip reseting.  If one buys 220ml  epson  inkcarts- is there any cheaper way to buy the k3 inks?  I believe the new 11880 series printer inks are too different to use in the 9880 therefore the 700 ml inks cart economy are not available to 9880 users?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the 4800, but I believe that the 78 & 9800 used pressurized ink cartridges. The 4800 does not. I would check to see if the same holds true for the newer(x880) printers. That alone may give you your answer as to if you can refill yourself.
Title: refill k3 epson ink carts
Post by: BobDavid on March 26, 2008, 09:13:24 pm
You're better off biting the bullet and buying genuine Epson cartridges. Find a good vendor that will negotiate prices with you. You should be able to find 220s for around $80. Otherwise, I think you're asking for trouble that will end up costing you more in the long run.