Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: BJNY on March 26, 2008, 08:31:45 am

Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: BJNY on March 26, 2008, 08:31:45 am
Initially I heard it was to ship mid-February.
With April approaching, does anyone have any firm info about its availability,
and why it's been delayed?
I'm still hoping there will be an H3DII-22ms (1-4-16 shot)
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: j.miller on March 26, 2008, 12:01:06 pm
BJNY,
     During a "Technology Suite" event we put on in late February, we were lucky enough to have a pre-production H3DII-39MS on-hand for demonstration. It was functioning perfectly and shooting wonderfully into Phocus as well as FlexColor. Seeing a Multi-Shot image with the HC-D 28mm was absolutely stunning! The still-life images we shot were the best I had seen out of the HC 120mm Macro.

It is my understanding the H3DII-39MS will be shipping in limited quantity by the end of this month. You might give it until early April depending on where you are located. I assume you can attribute the delay to normal production / development factors, along with a considerable amount of effort being funneled at getting Phocus to market.

There has not been any firm discussion of an H3DII-22MS. I would share your interest in having an H3DII-22MS that can do Multi-Shot (4) and Mirco-Step (16). We have numerous clients that find the CF-22MS to be ideal for still-life, product, fine-art repro applications.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Quote
Initially I heard it was to ship mid-February.
With April approaching, does anyone have any firm info about its availability,
and why it's been delayed?
I'm still hoping there will be an H3DII-22ms (1-4-16 shot)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184380\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: BJNY on March 27, 2008, 08:07:41 am
Thanks Jordan.
Hasselblad is probably very busy filling orders and preparing the next generation, contributing to the delay.
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: jecxz on March 27, 2008, 03:21:41 pm
BJNY, What Hasselblad gear do you use?

Quote
Thanks Jordan.
Hasselblad is probably very busy filling orders and preparing the next generation, contributing to the delay.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184653\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: BJNY on March 27, 2008, 03:56:56 pm
I use every brand, renting whatever suits the job best.
At the moment I don't own anything.
The H3DIIms is very appealing except I prefer it to be 22MP 1-4-16 shot.

BTW, nice work on your site Derek.
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: Josh Marten on March 27, 2008, 09:54:39 pm
I just talked with Ken at Hassey US HQ this afternoon,  one of my customers is ordering the H3DII-39 MS, was supposed to be in on the 21st.  No revised ETA yet, but will not ship next week, reportedly.  So no definite news yet.

Saw the only one in the US shoot at the Hasselblad event in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, it was very nice.  

Josh Marten
Global Imaging, Inc
Total Digital Integrators
www.globalimaginginc.com
800-787-9802 x2
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: jecxz on March 28, 2008, 05:03:14 am
BJNY,

Thanks! Let me know when you test/get an MS system, please PM me or email me, I would like to see your shots, this really interests me. If you remember, it would be appreciated. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,
Derek

Quote
I use every brand, renting whatever suits the job best.
At the moment I don't own anything.
The H3DIIms is very appealing except I prefer it to be 22MP 1-4-16 shot.

BTW, nice work on your site Derek.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: Dinarius on March 29, 2008, 03:50:19 am
As one of those who is waiting for his 39Mp MS, this thread is of interest to me.

While I am committed to the 39Mp MS, I am interested in the comments made regarding 16 res.

I will be using the camera mostly for fine art documentation. However, as a self-employed freelancer, who is expected to get through a lot of shots in a given day in a commercial gallery, and who does not have the time at hand of a museum staff photographer, 16 res was never really a consideration for me. (Of course, if it came as part of the 39Mp, I wouldn't say no!   )

That said, I am curious to know how much of a difference others think there is between, say, 21Mp @ 16 res and 39Mp 4 shot, if that's possible?

Thanks.

D.
Title: Any news about the Hasselblad H3DII-39ms?
Post by: BJNY on March 29, 2008, 04:05:53 am
Derek,
Don't hold your breath, as I can be incredibly patient waiting for the stars to align
in order to get the digital back(s) I want, and at the pricing I want.

I must say though, [Hasselblad's] multi-shot blew me away when I saw a quick demo at my local dealer about six months ago.  Incredible lack of noise in the areas where it would be noticed most: in even-toned midtones, in the subtle transitions and in the shadows.
Billy

Quote
BJNY,

Thanks! Let me know when you test/get an MS system, please PM me or email me, I would like to see your shots, this really interests me. If you remember, it would be appreciated. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,
Derek
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184904\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]