Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: pixie on March 25, 2008, 02:49:50 am

Title: Budget Lightbox
Post by: pixie on March 25, 2008, 02:49:50 am
Hi - I need a budget lightbox (flat table top - not upright) to view transparencies and also for stained glass work.

I realize Just Normlicht and GTI offer the best products but these are out of my price range.

Ideally I'd like something 16"x18"-ish and < $300. Color-correct lamp and even lighting (no hotspots) are important. The later, I think tends to be an issue in many of the budget units.

If anyone has any experience with any models they've been satisfied with - I would appreciate hearing your feedback.

Cheers.
Title: Budget Lightbox
Post by: sojournerphoto on March 25, 2008, 06:00:05 pm
Quote
Hi - I need a budget lightbox (flat table top - not upright) to view transparencies and also for stained glass work.

I realize Just Normlicht and GTI offer the best products but these are out of my price range.

Ideally I'd like something 16"x18"-ish and < $300. Color-correct lamp and even lighting (no hotspots) are important. The later, I think tends to be an issue in many of the budget units.

If anyone has any experience with any models they've been satisfied with - I would appreciate hearing your feedback.

Cheers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you make your own? I wouldn't have thought it would be too hard?
Title: Budget Lightbox
Post by: mattlap2 on March 25, 2008, 09:04:44 pm
Look at these guys ...    I have dealt with them in the past and they  make a quality product at a good price.

Hall Productions (http://www.hallpro.com/)

Matt LaPointe
Dodd Camera - Chicago
(219) 670-9905
[email protected]