Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: ron lacy on March 23, 2008, 01:23:57 pm

Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: ron lacy on March 23, 2008, 01:23:57 pm
I have read the posts about 1.4 having bugs.  I installed it when it came out on my iMac running Leopard.  I have read conflicting posts about needing to uninstall or not.  Being fairly illiterate on software and computers I need to know several things--your help would be appreciated:

Do I need to uninstall this update?

How do I uninstall the update--from what I have read here it sounds as if I should delete LR from my computer--right?

How do I then "reinstall" LR 1.3?  Can I simply go to the adobe website and it will let me reload 1.3?  

Sorry for all the questions, but I really am unsure about what to do and how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Ron
Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: francois on March 23, 2008, 02:34:03 pm
Quote
I have read the posts about 1.4 having bugs.  I installed it when it came out on my iMac running Leopard.  I have read conflicting posts about needing to uninstall or not.  Being fairly illiterate on software and computers I need to know several things--your help would be appreciated:

Do I need to uninstall this update?

How do I uninstall the update--from what I have read here it sounds as if I should delete LR from my computer--right?

How do I then "reinstall" LR 1.3?  Can I simply go to the adobe website and it will let me reload 1.3? 

Sorry for all the questions, but I really am unsure about what to do and how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Ron
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=183762\")
Ron,
Taken from [a href=\"http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/03/important_lightroom_14_and_cam.html]Lightroom Journal[/url] website:

Delete the Lightroom application in the Application folder(Mac) and Delete the following file:  /Library/Receipts/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.pkg

 Once those file are deleted, just re-download version 1.3.1 and reinstall.
That's how I did and everything works fine.
Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: ron lacy on March 23, 2008, 02:42:02 pm
Quote
Taken from Lightroom Journal (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/03/important_lightroom_14_and_cam.html) website:

Delete the Lightroom application in the Application folder(Mac) and Delete the following file:  /Library/Receipts/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.pkg


That's how I did and everythin work fine.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Francois-
Thanks for the reply.  One question.  If I delete the LR application and the file will I automatically revert to LR 1.3 or do I need to reload?  From your reply all you did was delete the appl. and the file and you still had LR 1.3--correct?

Thanks
Ron
Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: francois on March 23, 2008, 02:44:13 pm
Quote
Francois-
Thanks for the reply.  One question.  If I delete the LR application and the file will I automatically revert to LR 1.3 or do I need to reload?  From your reply all you did was delete the appl. and the file and you still had LR 1.3--correct?

Thanks
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183780\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You need to download and reinstall version 1.3.1
Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: ron lacy on March 23, 2008, 02:44:14 pm
Quote
Francois-
Thanks for the reply.  One question.  If I delete the LR application and the file will I automatically revert to LR 1.3 or do I need to reload?  From your reply all you did was delete the appl. and the file and you still had LR 1.3--correct?

Thanks
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183780\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Francois-

Sorry, but I didn't read your reply completely.  I see you have already answered my question--I need to delete and then reinstall 1.3 from the Adobe website.

Thanks very much.  Happy Easter.
Ron
Title: Lightroom 1.4
Post by: francois on March 23, 2008, 02:45:57 pm
Quote
Francois-

Sorry, but I didn't read your reply completely.  I see you have already answered my question--I need to delete and then reinstall 1.3 from the Adobe website.

Thanks very much.  Happy Easter.
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183782\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No problem. I hit the wrong key before I finished my first post… That's why some parts were missing.

Happy Easter to you.