Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: free1000 on March 23, 2008, 12:01:30 pm
-
A problem has just arisen printing A4's on Hahnemule fine art pearl (285 g/sqm)
The leading right corner and trailing left corner of the prints are collecting some black inky marks.
The printer is in good shape and nozzle check was 100%. I can only think that for some reason ink has somehow got somewhere in the paper path it shouldn't be...
Or could it be that its the curl on the paper and the head is striking these corners?
The paper was A3 sized and I cut down to A4, maybe that exacerbates the curl.
Any thoughts welcome as its currently stymied my print run.
It happens with normal feed and also with the rear manual feed slot.
-
A problem has just arisen printing A4's on Hahnemule fine art pearl (285 g/sqm)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not familiar with your printer, but most Epsons have two positions for print head height. If yours has that, have you tried it in the "high" position? I have wound up using that position for all papers on my 2200. I could not see a difference in print quality, so I just built "two clicks" into my routine. Another thing you might look for is a surplus amount of ink at the pads at both ends of the head rail. If they're very wet, you can soak-up some of it with a paper towel.
-
I'm not familiar with your printer, but most Epsons have two positions for print head height. If yours has that, have you tried it in the "high" position? I have wound up using that position for all papers on my 2200. I could not see a difference in print quality, so I just built "two clicks" into my routine. Another thing you might look for is a surplus amount of ink at the pads at both ends of the head rail. If they're very wet, you can soak-up some of it with a paper towel.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183751\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks... I think it was just that the paper was too curled, by bending it back it seems to have helped. I think its because I cut down A3 sheets to A4. Perhaps this exacerbated the curling.
-
Thanks... I think it was just that the paper was too curled, by bending it back it seems to have helped. I think its because I cut down A3 sheets to A4. Perhaps this exacerbated the curling.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183767\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What you had is formally known as "head strikes", and is usually the result of paper that isn't totally flat.