Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Leonardo Barreto on March 21, 2008, 06:56:09 pm

Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Leonardo Barreto on March 21, 2008, 06:56:09 pm
I have a 2200 that purchase more than a year ago and was stored. Now I want to use it and installed drivers, etc.

I replaced all cartridges with new Epson ones.

The good news is that I managed to clean all colors except one small spot in the Magenta inks, it is not even one line (on the test confirmation print out) but just 1/10 of a line.

What can I do to make it work? keep cleaning and checking?

Thanks
Leonardo
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Leonardo Barreto on March 21, 2008, 07:42:57 pm
IT IS CLEAN, THANKS, NOW IS PERFECT...


Quote
I have a 2200 that purchase more than a year ago and was stored. Now I want to use it and installed drivers, etc.

I replaced all cartridges with new Epson ones.

The good news is that I managed to clean all colors except one small spot in the Magenta inks, it is not even one line (on the test confirmation print out) but just 1/10 of a line.

What can I do to make it work? keep cleaning and checking?

Thanks
Leonardo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183339\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 21, 2008, 08:24:12 pm
Quote
IT IS CLEAN, THANKS, NOW IS PERFECT...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm glad it got fixed. If it ever does it again, I have heard the suggestion to let it rest for a day after a few cleaning cycles. SOmetimes the next day it will work fine. Also, too many cleaning cycles in a row is supposed to be bad for it, hence the delay is useful.
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Nill Toulme on March 21, 2008, 11:09:10 pm
You should also do an alignment on it.  It's a fairly laborious process, but worthwhile.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Leonardo Barreto on March 22, 2008, 01:26:43 am
I am so happy that this printer is working after being stored for so long, tomorrow my task is to find the box of paper I had and begin doing tests, since I got the printer I went digital medium format with a Phase One P25, so I will be seeing how it works with 22mp files...

thank  you for your help


Quote
You should also do an alignment on it.  It's a fairly laborious process, but worthwhile.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183398\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Farmer on March 22, 2008, 02:56:29 am
The main purpose of waiting after running some cleaning cycles is to allow any air bubbles to work themselves out in the cartridges.  Generally, 30-60 minutes should be fine, but there's nothing wrong with waiting overnight.

There's no harm done in multiple cleanings, other than ink used - although having said that I wouldn't do more than 3 usually or maybe 5 if I knew the printer had been sitting around for a while.
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: RogerW on March 22, 2008, 05:36:58 am
There's no harm done in multiple cleanings,


In Epson printers there is a sponge that soaks up the excess ink.  Multiple cleanings without a break will saturate the sponge and mess-up your printer.  The best advice is no more than 3 head cleans at a time.
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: Leonardo Barreto on March 22, 2008, 08:55:28 am
which reminds me of asking you guys at the forum before doing things I not familiar with/ in this case I did a lot more than the 3 head cleans, a lot... lucky me...

Leonardo

ps it would to easy if EPSON had a warning on the interface about how many head cleanses are appropriate, no?

Quote
There's no harm done in multiple cleanings,
In Epson printers there is a sponge that soaks up the excess ink.  Multiple cleanings without a break will saturate the sponge and mess-up your printer.  The best advice is no more than 3 head cleans at a time.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: EPSON2200 head not clean
Post by: LeonD on March 22, 2008, 03:44:13 pm
Quote
IT IS CLEAN, THANKS, NOW IS PERFECT...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So, how did you get it clean?  Was is just all the cleaning cycles or did you do something out of the ordinary?

LeonD