Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: drewk425 on March 20, 2008, 04:43:44 pm

Title: Mat board for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
Post by: drewk425 on March 20, 2008, 04:43:44 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for what mat board, specifically, what color Westminster Buffered Rag, looks good with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk?
Title: Mat board for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
Post by: kaelaria on March 21, 2008, 01:14:57 am
How is anyone supposed to know what you define as looking good?
Title: Mat board for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
Post by: iancl on March 21, 2008, 01:44:32 am
Quote
How is anyone supposed to know what you define as looking good?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183144\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is a very, very good point. But, I suppose we could assume that if you/he liked a warmish and traditional looking paper, you'd like a similar mat-board.

I use Rising Museum board. I have been very happy with the warm white with the Ilford paper.
Title: Mat board for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
Post by: Jon Shiu on March 21, 2008, 01:51:29 am
Quote
Does anyone have a recommendation for what mat board, specifically, what color Westminster Buffered Rag, looks good with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=183065\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I suppose it could vary with the image, but Bright White, which is really not very bright, is a good all-around choice. The natural white can look too yellowish and distracting under gallery lights.

Jon
Title: Mat board for Ilford Gold Fibre Silk
Post by: drewk425 on March 21, 2008, 10:56:07 pm
Sorry about the totally subjective question.  I should have asked what mat is closest in color to Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.  I looked at a sample kit from Light Impressions today and Bright White is what I chose.  Thanks for the responses.