Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ChrisJR on March 18, 2008, 06:04:10 pm

Title: Labs in the UK
Post by: ChrisJR on March 18, 2008, 06:04:10 pm
I've already posted a message about Lightjet prints, of which I'm still going to have a test run printed, but can any of LL's UK users recommend any labs here?

As mentioned before I'm looking to get a series of panoramics printed for the final project of a Higher Education course in Photography printed and I'm looking for the best quality possible. I agree with others that the print quality of more recent inkjet printers like the Z3100, ipf6100 and Epson 11880 are pretty amazing but few labs, at least that I can find, seem to use them. Buying a printer is most definitely out of the equation right now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Title: Labs in the UK
Post by: sojournerphoto on March 18, 2008, 06:28:23 pm
Quote
I've already posted a message about Lightjet prints, of which I'm still going to have a test run printed, but can any of LL's UK users recommend any labs here?

As mentioned before I'm looking to get a series of panoramics printed for the final project of a Higher Education course in Photography printed and I'm looking for the best quality possible. I agree with others that the print quality of more recent inkjet printers like the Z3100, ipf6100 and Epson 11880 are pretty amazing but few labs, at least that I can find, seem to use them. Buying a printer is most definitely out of the equation right now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182500\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi

I got my IPF5000 from Revolution Transfers (http://www.revolutiontransfers.co.uk/ or 01530 510080). Their service has been excellent and they also print on IPFseries printers (not sure if they're using an 8100 now or still on the 8000.... I've not used their print service, but would certainly give it a shot if I needed something bigger than 17 wide.

If you call ask for Jan or Emma. They are based in Coalville - so not too far from Brum.

Mike
Title: Labs in the UK
Post by: ChrisJR on March 18, 2008, 06:44:33 pm
Thanks for the reply Mike, they could be the ideal solution.

Is there a link showing more information or prices?
Title: Labs in the UK
Post by: LoisWakeman on March 19, 2008, 07:22:03 am
I've been happy with prints from Colab in the past - but don't like then as much as inkjet prints - a personal preference though. They have now been taken over I see: http://www.colab.com/ (http://www.colab.com/)
Title: Labs in the UK
Post by: sojournerphoto on March 19, 2008, 07:43:26 am
Quote
Thanks for the reply Mike, they could be the ideal solution.

Is there a link showing more information or prices?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think they advertise the service on their website. If you call Emma or Jan they'll email you a price list and I expect will be happy to discuss what you need. Jan was quite happy to send me a sample print, and they will provide free custom profiles for media that is purchase from them.

Cheers

Mike