Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: michaelstokes on March 18, 2008, 03:11:34 pm

Title: Lightroom printing to Epson 2400
Post by: michaelstokes on March 18, 2008, 03:11:34 pm
Has anyone experienced a problem printing from LR to a 2400 under 10.4.11?  the prints are a lot darker than screen display version (MacBook pro) which is calibrated every 2 weeks with EyeOne.
Title: Lightroom printing to Epson 2400
Post by: CatOne on March 19, 2008, 12:11:59 pm
Quote
Has anyone experienced a problem printing from LR to a 2400 under 10.4.11?  the prints are a lot darker than screen display version (MacBook pro) which is calibrated every 2 weeks with EyeOne.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's the luminosity that's set on the MacBook Pro?  If you have it at max brightness it's too bright  and your prints will look dark.
Title: Lightroom printing to Epson 2400
Post by: michaelstokes on March 19, 2008, 03:24:35 pm
Quote
What's the luminosity that's set on the MacBook Pro?  If you have it at max brightness it's too bright  and your prints will look dark.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks CatOne.  I am new to the Mac environment.  How do I change the luminosity?
Title: Lightroom printing to Epson 2400
Post by: CatOne on March 19, 2008, 10:32:48 pm
Quote
Thanks CatOne.  I am new to the Mac environment.  How do I change the luminosity?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=182776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There are brightness keys on the keyboard which move brightness up and down.  On my Macbook Pro they are on the F9 and F10 keys.

Note, you need to measure the luminance with the calibrator and ensure it's set in the right range (I think around 120 Cd/m^2).  If you use the advanced settings for the Eye One it should guide you through this.