Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on March 14, 2008, 12:29:44 am
-
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/20...era_raw_44.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/03/lightroom_14_and_camera_raw_44.html)
--John
-
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/20...era_raw_44.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/03/lightroom_14_and_camera_raw_44.html)
--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181320\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for posting :-)
-
Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00. Wayne
-
Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00. Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On the Windows version. I guess the fact that the vast majority of the LR dev team and QA folks are on Macs shows up sometimes
-
Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00. Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Didn't happen here but I'm using a Mac.
-
It's Windows related, I think. Best thing to do is uninstall the new version and revert back to the previous until the bugs are fixed. If you haven't installed it, WAIT because there is definately a DNG problem.
-
It's Windows related, I think. Best thing to do is uninstall the new version and revert back to the previous until the bugs are fixed. If you haven't installed it, WAIT because there is definately a DNG problem.
-
Initially, I thought that 1.4 had a serious bug regarding the corruption of metadata in DNG... but I deleted my catalog and reimported my DNG... no longer experienced any problems with unknown errors and inability to update metadata and previews. It's buggy, but I think that a clean installation as opposed to installing over 1.3.1 will reduce or eliminate problems.
However, none of my capture times were reset for DNG... just checked myself. I'm running Windows Xp, LR1.4.
-
Just installed LR 1.4 before I saw the post. ARGGGGH. But no all seems well.
DNG conversion on about 50 canon RAW files OK dates OK Can't see anything amiss at the moment. ( Version 1.3 on standby though)
Didn't do a clean install, getting lazy I suppose , just let the installer do its job
Windows XP Pro sp2
Looks fine at the at the moment. Is there a bug, or just a problem with a couple of machines??
John S C
-
It doesn't appear to me that there is a universal problem, Chappers. I didn't have a capture time reset problem at all... but I did run across the previously mentioned metadata update problem-- there are similar reports at the Adobe.com Lightroom forum.
If you're not experiencing any problems with metadata update, I wouldn't worry. When I first started up the new version, every DNG I worked on in the Develop module and updated became unworkable, and it would crash. Afterwards, startups would show the splash screen, and then an unexpected error would cause it to quit. I think it had something to do with the catalog, because deleting the cat and reimporting solved the problem.
-
No problems on either XP desktop or Vista laptop.
Just as smooth as before.
Rich
-
No problems on either XP desktop or Vista laptop.
Just as smooth as before.
Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181759\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mine too! Works fine on Vista/XP.
Could it be a Mac only problem?
Robbie
-
Check this post by Ian Lyons on Adobe Lightroom User to User forum:
'DNG bug is Windows only.
'Lightroom altering proprietary file (i.e. NEF, CR2, etc) modification date when metadata is saved to file occurs on both platforms. This has now been confirmed as bug and an not intended behaviour.
'Export JPEG - EXIF time stamps are set to 00:00:00 bug occurs on both platforms.'
Other problems are being reported on the Adobe site too.
-
Yet again Adobe are letting the paying customers do their beta testing. These bugs should have been spotted easy in any "real world" testing for heavens sake! Now I'm left with the hassle of sorting out an uninstall so I can make my living, and time is money. Wayne
-
Yet again Adobe are letting the paying customers do their beta testing. These bugs should have been spotted easy in any "real world" testing for heavens sake! Now I'm left with the hassle of sorting out an uninstall so I can make my living, and time is money. Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I downloaded it but held off for the weekend to do installation. After reading about a few problems on various forums I did not, must have recalled the soothsayer saying 'Beware the Ides of March'.
Tom
-
'Beware the Ides of March'.
Tom
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181928\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very funny Tom.!.
If you don't have a DNG workflow and don't save XMP back to the file normally, most of the issues are moot.. if you then it's an issue. I suspect the cause of the DNG bug is simple. I mean they've been writing DNG files for a long time, so I think they do actually know how!
-
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/20...era_raw_44.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/03/lightroom_14_and_camera_raw_44.html)
--John
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=181320\")
Seems an update of this thread isn“t amiss today:
[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24004]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=24004[/url]
Ho hum...