Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Kenneth Sky on March 11, 2008, 10:44:38 am

Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: Kenneth Sky on March 11, 2008, 10:44:38 am
I've never been prouder to belong to an internet forum than I am today after seeing the awards announcement. Congratulations Michael. I am sure this will cement LL's reputation to the highest level.
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: peterpix2008 on March 11, 2008, 11:38:38 am
Nice selections for the awards. The endowment program is a great contribution to photography and photography education. Having  purchased some downloads, I'm pleased to be a contributor in some small way to this program.  I like the idea of small awards as they give more people a bit of assistance. Thirty years ago I got a $600 grant to buy a lens to do some  bird photography on a New England island. Several of the photos were among the best I've ever made, but this led to a long term photo project resulting in two books, the founding of a fine arts photo organization, and  many life long friends. It is amazing what a bit of funding can do for a career!
Thanks, Michael, for coming up with this idea, and may it continue and blossom.

Peter Randall
petererandall.com
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: jdemott on March 11, 2008, 12:09:07 pm
Well done, Michael!  Just reading the list of awards is inspirational.  Congratulations to all the recipients.
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 11, 2008, 03:39:20 pm
As one who didn't make the cut this time, I must say I am impressed and delighted with the quality of the winners. Congratulations to all!
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 11, 2008, 04:07:13 pm
Michael, congratulations to the applicants and the judges for an excellent selection of proposals and awards. I think it is wonderful you are doing this - the social dimension is at least as important as the photographic. I hope we will eventually see the fruits of their efforts, as they are sure to be very enlightening.
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: michael on March 11, 2008, 06:35:18 pm
Thank you all!

It's very gratifying to hear such strong support for the project.

Michael
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: Andy M on February 02, 2009, 05:13:24 pm
Michael - was there ever plan to provide an update on those who'd received donations from the endowment?

Would be interesting to hear how they got on etc
Title: LL Endowment Fund Awards
Post by: michael on February 02, 2009, 05:55:34 pm
I have received a few update reports, but not as many as I had hoped.

I'll be writing to people and will let you know what they have to say.

Michael