Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Dustbak on March 10, 2008, 04:31:25 am
-
I plan on doing some more 'bad weather' photography'. Now with the D300 I have no big reserves using it in the rain, not since I got totally drenched in the Carib. The D300 takes it better than I do.
I would love to do it with the H2 however don't dare to use it without cover in the rain (not even a drizzle). Before I start buying all sorts of raincovers to discover the one that works, does anybody know of a raincover for the H body (together with the 50-110 for instance) that actually works.
A cover that not only protects vulnerable parts but also lets you be able to use the camera?
-
I plan on doing some more 'bad weather' photography'. Now with the D300 I have no big reserves using it in the rain, not since I got totally drenched in the Carib. The D300 takes it better than I do.
I would love to do it with the H2 however don't dare to use it without cover in the rain (not even a drizzle). Before I start buying all sorts of raincovers to discover the one that works, does anybody know of a raincover for the H body (together with the 50-110 for instance) that actually works.
A cover that not only protects vulnerable parts but also lets you be able to use the camera?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=180364\")
[a href=\"http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=229&cid=61&perentId=4&ProdLine=4]Kata E-702[/url], you can add the E-704 extension for the zoom
or the CRC-14 (http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=262&cid=61&perentId=4&ProdLine=4) which is a bigger-looser model
Yair
-
Yair,
Thx! I go have a look at those.
-
I used the Kata Rain cover (the one that has the two arm holds for you hands--not sure of the model number) with my H2, zoom and P45+ back, for a week in Olympic national part. It rained every day and I kept shooting in the rain. both camera and lens and back worked fine with the cover although they all got wet from the humidity. no problems. Might bring a towel along to dry the camera now and then. eleanor
Kata E-702 (http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=229&cid=61&perentId=4&ProdLine=4), you can add the E-704 extension for the zoom
or the CRC-14 (http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=262&cid=61&perentId=4&ProdLine=4) which is a bigger-looser model
Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180370\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
My H2 and my Kata!
(http://jecxz.com/images/workingintherain.jpg)
-
I just worked on a sea doo job in Florida used an Aqua Tech sport shield. It worked nice and kept my H2 and P45 nice and dry.