Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: amoergosum on March 09, 2008, 04:58:26 pm
-
How do you like the Markins Q3?
It would be great to read about your experiences with this ballhead.
/Ben
-
I switched to a Q3 abouit 3 years ago from an Acratech. I use it with a RRS lever clamp QR plate. Never given me a spot of trouble - just got back from a week in Death Valley without incident. The drag mechanism works quite well. It's inset slightly, but is adjustable by finger. The big RRS BH 55 is heavier, and, from what other folks indicate, the Markins is smoother than the BH 40.
My largest lens is the Canon 300 2.8 and it's fine for that.
-
I have a Markins Q3 on a Gitzo 1258 tripod for travel use. Love it and no complaints. I also have the RRS BH55 on Gitzo 3530S which I use primarily when I'm going on a short hike from the vehicle or when using a Gimbel mount for my 500 f/4.
You won't be disappointed with the Q3.
Kelly
-
Thanks for your replies!
I just ordered the Markins Q3.
-
LOVE IT !!!
(http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/groovologist/1-1.jpg)
(http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/groovologist/2-1.jpg)