Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: CBBN on March 06, 2008, 04:30:11 pm

Title: Canon 1 DS MkII shooting tethered
Post by: CBBN on March 06, 2008, 04:30:11 pm
I often shoot with tethered to my Mac Powerbook Pro, easily controlling the camera through Canon's Digital Photo Professional (v3.2), then bringing the images into Bridge.  For some reason today the camera isn't communicating with the laptop.  I've insured that I have the latest Digital Photo Professional, the latest EOS Utility, restarted everything, tried a second (brand new) cable and still no communication.  It doesn't matter whether I'm on battery or AC.  Before I assume that the port on the camera itself has gone bad, is there any other suggestion in the house?

Thanks,
Title: Canon 1 DS MkII shooting tethered
Post by: CBBN on March 07, 2008, 04:04:30 pm
The problem is Leopard 10.5.2 isnt' compatible with Canon's EOS Utility program.  There's a work around that Canon told me about, which is also discussed elsewhere in Forum posts.  It involves shooting to the card initially, then launching EOS Utility and when the error message pops up re the camera is busy, tap to cameras trigger to clear the LCD, and you're supposed to regain control of EOS Utility.  That seems to work for some, but isn't working with my 1Ds MkII.  For now, shooting tethered isn't an option, which sucks.