Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rickshanahan on March 05, 2008, 11:47:01 am

Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: rickshanahan on March 05, 2008, 11:47:01 am
I have the box that auto detects checked, and when I put my card in, nuthin'.  although my windows dialog opens and asks me what I want to do with the files, so I know the reader works.
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: Nat Coalson on March 12, 2008, 03:29:47 pm
You need to have Lightroom running when you insert the card.
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: woffles on March 12, 2008, 09:04:00 pm
It seems that changed on the last update.  It used to start up lightroom and go automatically to the download box.  Mine will still bring up lightroom when I insert a CF but I have to manually choose download from device to start the download.  Bug?
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: DaHen on March 13, 2008, 09:43:03 am
Quote
Mine will still bring up lightroom when I insert a CF but I have to manually choose download from device to start the download.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181000\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here, not sure ifin I like the previous way or having to manually choose the device.

I'm sure that once I adapt, they will change it again. lol

 
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: Nat Coalson on March 13, 2008, 11:54:04 am
This may be something that works differently between Mac and Windows. On OS X the import dialog opens when I insert a card.
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: John.Murray on March 13, 2008, 08:00:36 pm
Check your Prefs in LR: Edit | Preferences | Import Tab, make sure "Show import dialog when memory card is detected" is checked.

In addition, if autoplay is disabled for that particular drive letter. Lightroom will fail to automatically import:

Windows XP: My Computer | Drive | Properties | Autoplay Tab

Vista: Control Panel | AutoPlay

hope this helps - John
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: The Vulcan on March 13, 2008, 10:57:09 pm
I'm not totally sure but it seems to me that it's in the Lightroom "Auto Import" settings wherein you can choose were to import automatically from. Maybe I'm wrong!
Title: LR won't detect my CF card...?
Post by: DaHen on March 14, 2008, 05:26:27 am
Even with the new v1.4, I still have to click on the "import" button with the proper "preferences" and "Auto Import" setting checked.

I'm still adapting.