Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Recked on March 05, 2008, 10:25:20 am
-
Hello,
I am looking to add a smaller desktop printer for smaller jobs/prints and was wondering aloud to myself last night (I do that often for some reason!) if I would be better served to stick with the same printer manufacturer and ink combination for the smaller desktop printer? I guess to my way of thinking is if I get an order for a smaller version of the same print that went to my Z3100 then it would be best to have a B9180 (if only HP would come out with a 17" Z!) as they use the same ink type though different total inks in use.
Then I read about bronzing issues with the B9180 so I thought perhaps the Epson 3800, but again I am then moving to a completely different ink fomulation/manufacturer.
Anyway just looking for some thoughts so my feeble brain can come to a conclusion and order one or the other.
Thanks for the thoughts/help!
-
I do not believe that it really matters which manufacturer you use as long as the small printer provides you with the output that you need. I have an Epson R1800 and an HP Z3100. I softproof with appropriate profile and print as I need. Not really a big deal.
-
I guess I just thought as I said that sticking with the same ink formulations was semi important....
thanks for your thoughts