Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Sigi on March 04, 2008, 09:44:43 am

Title: RSS l-plate & remote release
Post by: Sigi on March 04, 2008, 09:44:43 am
Hello,

I am interest in buying the RSS L-plate for a Canon D40. I also want to use wireless shutter release.

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible
 how much fiddling is it to get everything plugged in with the the L-plate installed

Thanks

Sigi
Title: RSS l-plate & remote release
Post by: DarkPenguin on March 04, 2008, 10:29:28 am
Dunno if this helps ...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...essage=26621724 (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=26621724)

Note that if you loosen the bracket you can slide it so you have more space on the plug side of the camera.  At the cost of stability I'm sure.

So far I haven't hooked anything up to it with the L-Bracket on.
Title: RSS l-plate & remote release
Post by: aduke on March 04, 2008, 02:59:31 pm
Quote
Hello,

I am interest in buying the RSS L-plate for a Canon D40. I also want to use wireless shutter release.

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible
 how much fiddling is it to get everything plugged in with the the L-plate installed

Thanks

Sigi
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If the wireless release plugs into the same socket as the wired release, then it will be possible, but just barely.

When I first tried to plug my wired release into the camera through the RRS L-plate, I gave up in frustration. A couple of days later, I found that it could be done, but with some difficulty. The big trouble maker is the rubber seal that normally covers the socket. It must be folded back over itself and held there while you slip the L-plate into the clamp. Changing the camera from horizontal to vertical will be slower than without a release device.

Alan
Title: RSS l-plate & remote release
Post by: sojournerphoto on March 04, 2008, 03:33:44 pm
Quote
If the wireless release plugs into the same socket as the wired release, then it will be possible, but just barely.

When I first tried to plug my wired release into the camera through the RRS L-plate, I gave up in frustration. A couple of days later, I found that it could be done, but with some difficulty. The big trouble maker is the rubber seal that normally covers the socket. It must be folded back over itself and held there while you slip the L-plate into the clamp. Changing the camera from horizontal to vertical will be slower than without a release device.

Alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179107\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not directly the same, but it's fairly easy to plug the timre remote into a 5D with a Kirk Lplate in place. Soon I'll know about the 1Ds3 with an RSS bracket, but I'll be a bit sore if there isn't sufficient room.

Mike
Title: RSS l-plate & remote release
Post by: francois on March 05, 2008, 03:01:15 am
Quote
Hello,

I am interest in buying the RSS L-plate for a Canon D40. I also want to use wireless shutter release.

I am wondering if:

a) this is possible
 how much fiddling is it to get everything plugged in with the the L-plate installed

Thanks

Sigi
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sigi,
Why don't you give RRS a call?