Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Tomas Johanson on March 03, 2008, 08:25:39 am

Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: Tomas Johanson on March 03, 2008, 08:25:39 am
Mostly I got perfect images from my e75 Sinar Back.

The problem sometimes shows up in highlight/overexposured areas. Strange squares.
A light centerfold effect in the blue sky in one image.

I use the standard CCD-file deliverd with the back and Brumbaer Tools / Lightroom.

100% magnification:
[attachment=5372:attachment][attachment=5373:attachment][attachment=5374:attachm
ent]
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: rainer_v on March 03, 2008, 11:16:47 am
Quote
Mostly I got perfect images from my e75 Sinar Back.

The problem sometimes shows up in highlight/overexposured areas. Strange squares.
A light centerfold effect in the blue sky in one image.

I use the standard CCD-file deliverd with the back and Brumbaer Tools / Lightroom.

100% magnification:
[attachment=5372:attachment][attachment=5373:attachment][attachment=5374:attachm
ent]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178835\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i had that effect ( one time ) in an image. seems so that its an effect which can happen in strong overexposed zones in brumbaer.
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: Tomas Johanson on March 03, 2008, 01:06:02 pm
Thank you Rainer.

I will test this more carefully later in the week and compare with CaptureShop

Maybe Brumbaer Tools are trying to recover to much and reach some kind of limit. I know, these are strong overeexposed.
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: rainer_v on March 03, 2008, 05:21:28 pm
Quote
Thank you Rainer.

I will test this more carefully later in the week and compare with CaptureShop

Maybe Brumbaer Tools are trying to recover to much and reach some kind of limit. I know, these are strong overeexposed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
yes this is what happens. the artefacts should be very rare, in captureshop these regions will e blown out completely.
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: Tomas Johanson on March 09, 2008, 06:23:37 am
The problem is solved. Thanks for your help and thank you Stephan for the solution.

Tomas
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: BJNY on March 09, 2008, 09:39:31 am
I use the e75lv at times, and am curious to know the solution, please.
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: Tomas Johanson on March 09, 2008, 11:43:34 am
No problem.

Stephan sent me another version of the program.
It recover not so much as the original version and works better on some images.

Tomas


Quote
I use the e75lv at times, and am curious to know the solution, please.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: favalim on March 09, 2008, 11:53:43 am
Quote
Stephan sent me another version of the program.
...

so, is there a new Brumbear version coming out?
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: rainer_v on March 09, 2008, 02:16:38 pm
Quote
No problem.

Stephan sent me another version of the program.
It recover not so much as the original version and works better on some images.

Tomas
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
which version number you received ?
1.45ß6 ? take care with this version it is about one stop more sensitive and blows out this data. i work with 1.45ß1 and prefer to make a lower exposed file as well, where do not happen similar artefacts.
Title: Sinar e75lv problems
Post by: Tomas Johanson on March 09, 2008, 04:29:01 pm
Quote
which version number you received ?
1.45ß6 ? take care with this version it is about one stop more sensitive and blows out this data. i work with 1.45ß1 and prefer to make a lower exposed file as well, where do not happen similar artefacts.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=180236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


My original one is: 1.44, now I got: 1.45ß6.
I have compared the results and something between would be better.
Can you please mail me your verion rainer.

[email protected]