Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: ChrisImages on February 29, 2008, 02:03:51 pm
-
Hi,
I looked thru some of the post and didn't notice the straght forward way to do this.
I have to replace my computer. So I just want to move the complete catalog w/ all the photos to an external.
Is this just "drag-and-drop" from "All Photographs" in the Libary left pane to a WinXP window showing the folder on the ext drive, and then change the default location of the Lightroom .lrcat to that location, under Catalog Settings?
If some one could help me with some specific steps, or point tward a link that covers it,
Very appricitive - Thanks,
bcf
Brian in
Tawas MI
Just a thought - Editing here -
I’ve been careful to keep everything under “My Documents”.
I copied the entire “My Documents” from the Computer to the External HD.
Can I just choose the Ext. location .lrcat and all should work out ?
Thanks,
bcf
Brian in
Tawas MI
-
Just a thought - Editing here -
I’ve been careful to keep everything under “My Documents”.
I copied the entire “My Documents” from the Computer to the External HD.
Can I just choose the Ext. location .lrcat and all should work out ?
Thanks,
bcf
Brian in
Tawas MI
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178275\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
Hi,
Tried that, chose Cat from ext. and set Back Up to ext., but Lightroom still looks at Photo locations on original c: drive.
I thought there would be a way to just "Move" the Cat. and all the photos.
Maybe I'm just overlooking something.
Any help appriciated,
bcf
Brian in
Tawas MI
-
Hi,
I guess I answered my own ?
I used "Export as Catalog . . . " to a new folder on the Ext. HD.
The Lib seems to be looking at the photos there now.
I'll load up LR on the new computer, update LR . . . and see how it works.
I'm going from an XP system to a Vista system . . . anything special to watch for, as far as LR is concerned ?
Thanks,
bcf
Brian in
Tawas MI