Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Moynihan on February 28, 2008, 10:38:55 am

Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: Moynihan on February 28, 2008, 10:38:55 am
Hi,
I am considering getting Lightroom. I have had difficulty determining the answer to the following question.
Does Lightroom have the built in ability to construct an "e-book" of images in PDF?

thanks,

jay
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: francois on February 28, 2008, 10:51:19 am
Quote
Hi,
I am considering getting Lightroom. I have had difficulty determining the answer to the following question.
Does Lightroom have the built in ability to construct an "e-book" of images in PDF?

thanks,

jay
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177975\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A way to do it would be to save a slideshow in PDF.

Edit: you can also use the Print module to print pages as PDF.
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: watsonm on March 02, 2008, 03:12:52 am
I have seen Matt Kloskoski's video which shows and Apple screen where the print module pop up shows a PDF button.  

I can't seem to find this on my PC version.   Is it an Apple only feature or can someone tell me where it is.  All I get is the standard print dialog.


Thanks   Mike
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: francois on March 02, 2008, 04:26:53 am
Quote
I have seen Matt Kloskoski's video which shows and Apple screen where the print module pop up shows a PDF button. 

I can't seem to find this on my PC version.   Is it an Apple only feature or can someone tell me where it is.  All I get is the standard print dialog.
Thanks   Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mike,
Printing to PDF in a built-in function of Mac OS X (IOW, every application can print to a PDF file, it's not a Lightroom function).
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: watsonm on March 02, 2008, 12:24:12 pm
Francois,

Thanks... I guessed as much  :-(

Fortunately I have found a driver that allows me to print to PDF instead of a real printer.

For anyone else who is interested :

http://www.win2pdf.com/?gclid=CLSIlob47pECFQ9eQgodXBfZwg (http://www.win2pdf.com/?gclid=CLSIlob47pECFQ9eQgodXBfZwg)

Thanks again,   Mike
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: rkatz49 on March 02, 2008, 04:21:37 pm
To enable the "pdf" function on a PC you need to have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed on your computer. This enables you to make pdf files from lots of different files. I have it on my PC and when I print from Lightroom I can chose Adobe PDF as one of my print options. Using that option Lightroom will make a pdf file of your selected images.
Robert
Title: Lightroom and PDF format
Post by: volkerhopf on March 05, 2008, 12:26:13 pm
Quote
To enable the "pdf" function on a PC you need to have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed on your computer. This enables you to make pdf files from lots of different files. I have it on my PC and when I print from Lightroom I can chose Adobe PDF as one of my print options. Using that option Lightroom will make a pdf file of your selected images.
Robert
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178706\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a cheaper way to print to PDF by using "FREEPDF". It works very well.
Volker