Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: sojournerphoto on February 25, 2008, 06:47:37 pm

Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: sojournerphoto on February 25, 2008, 06:47:37 pm
As it says really - in the UK I can't seem to find an L-plate listed for the 1Ds3, but only for the 1D3. Are they the same or do I need to wait for someone to make one?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Mike
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: Tim Gray on February 25, 2008, 07:41:03 pm
Plates for 1d3 and 1ds3 are the same.
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: Eldor on February 25, 2008, 08:13:44 pm
Quote
Plates for 1d3 and 1ds3 are the same.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177376\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd say that depends on which brand they are.

If using RRS (Really Right Stuff) plates, at least for the bottom plate, they are NOT the same going from the Mark I or Mark II to the Mark III.

When I switched to Mark III's I was disappointed that my plates didn't fit right, and after checking their site, found there were new plates for the III.  I got those and they're SO nice!  Perfectly machined, smooth comfortable edges, and perfect fit.
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: Josh-H on February 26, 2008, 12:31:44 am
Quote
I'd say that depends on which brand they are.

If using RRS (Really Right Stuff) plates, at least for the bottom plate, they are NOT the same going from the Mark I or Mark II to the Mark III.

When I switched to Mark III's I was disappointed that my plates didn't fit right, and after checking their site, found there were new plates for the III.  I got those and they're SO nice!  Perfectly machined, smooth comfortable edges, and perfect fit.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177381\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes thats true - but a RRS L plate IS the same for the 1DIII and 1DSIII.

I have a RRS on my 1DS MKIII - it is oh so sweeet!
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: Tim Gray on February 26, 2008, 08:34:22 am
Quote
If using RRS (Really Right Stuff) plates, at least for the bottom plate, they are NOT the same going from the Mark I or Mark II to the Mark III.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177381\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I never said they were.  I said "Plates for 1d3 and 1ds3 are the same."
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: Eldor on February 26, 2008, 04:26:43 pm
Quote
I never said they were.  I said "Plates for 1d3 and 1ds3 are the same."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177476\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're right!  Sorry about that!
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: sojournerphoto on February 26, 2008, 04:28:54 pm
Thanks everyone - better get one ordered then:)

Mike
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: djgarcia on February 27, 2008, 10:46:32 pm
I lucked out with my Acratech - my 1DsII plate fit my 1DsIII perfectly when rotated 180 deg - what used to be the front is now the back  .
Title: L-plate for 1Ds3
Post by: sojournerphoto on February 28, 2008, 11:12:28 am
Quote
I lucked out with my Acratech - my 1DsII plate fit my 1DsIII perfectly when rotated 180 deg - what used to be the front is now the back  .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177880\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dpn't think my 5D plate will fit however!

Mike