Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: tjwilson on February 22, 2008, 05:02:21 pm

Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: tjwilson on February 22, 2008, 05:02:21 pm
Does anyone know where I can get older lens converted for use on a D200?  Ideally in the GTA, but this is not critical.

Thanks.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: Richowens on February 22, 2008, 06:00:08 pm
http://www.aiconversions.com/index.html (http://www.aiconversions.com/index.html)
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: tjwilson on February 23, 2008, 07:39:47 am
Thanks Rich,

I did find John's site via http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html (http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html) but was wondering if there was anyone else out there still doing this work.

I've already e-mailed him regarding the lenses I'm looking to get converted, have you ever used him yourself?

Cheers.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: schrodingerscat on February 23, 2008, 12:28:16 pm
Quote
Thanks Rich,

I did find John's site via http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html (http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html) but was wondering if there was anyone else out there still doing this work.

I've already e-mailed him regarding the lenses I'm looking to get converted, have you ever used him yourself?

Cheers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176856\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a buddy in Southern California that does this. He has some OEM conversion kits left and will also do custom machining of the existing aperture ring. He's a good tech and his prices are fair.

If interested, let me know and I'll give you his contact info.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: tjwilson on February 23, 2008, 05:58:52 pm
Quote
I have a buddy in Southern California that does this. He has some OEM conversion kits left and will also do custom machining of the existing aperture ring. He's a good tech and his prices are fair.

If interested, let me know and I'll give you his contact info.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176893\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd be interested in contacting him regarding the availability of the OEM conversion kits, if you can pass me his contact information it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: kitalight on February 23, 2008, 10:21:55 pm
Contact Peter Smith...
FOTOCAMERA REPAIR, INC.
3095 SO. MILITARY TRAIL #16
SILVER OAKS PLAZA
LAKEWORTH, FLORIDA 33463
PHONE (561)433-8434
FAX (561)433-8320
[email protected]

He's done a lot of work for me, (incl. AI coversions)very good work, very fair, nice guy.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: tjwilson on February 25, 2008, 09:58:13 pm
Quote
Contact Peter Smith...
FOTOCAMERA REPAIR, INC.
3095 SO. MILITARY TRAIL #16
SILVER OAKS PLAZA
LAKEWORTH, FLORIDA 33463
PHONE (561)433-8434
FAX (561)433-8320
[email protected]

He's done a lot of work for me, (incl. AI coversions)very good work, very fair, nice guy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176989\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you.  I will contact Peter with my specific requirements.
Title: Nikon Lens - AI Conversion
Post by: schrodingerscat on February 26, 2008, 12:06:21 am
Quote
I'd be interested in contacting him regarding the availability of the OEM conversion kits, if you can pass me his contact information it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Harold Finck
Advance Camera Repair
714-799-6175

Apologies for the delay.