Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 05:05:13 am

Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 05:05:13 am
Epson released public beta 16bit capable drivers for Apple Leopard OS for its PRO series printers.


http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...¬eoid=101603 (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?type=highlights&noteoid=101603)
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: francois on February 22, 2008, 05:36:59 am
Quote
Epson released public beta 16bit capable drivers for Apple Leopard OS for its PRO series printers.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...¬eoid=101603 (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?type=highlights&noteoid=101603)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Aren't these drivers the ones posted late last year? The installer was created/modified on November 6, 2007.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 07:24:36 am
Quote
Aren't these drivers the ones posted late last year? The installer was created/modified on November 6, 2007.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176616\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No clue, since there's no date info on the Epson site.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: duraace on February 22, 2008, 10:50:18 am
Quote
No clue, since there's no date info on the Epson site.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176627\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just re-installed it, and the version is the same 6.10.  Not new.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: Wayne Fox on February 22, 2008, 01:54:40 pm
Quote
Just re-installed it, and the version is the same 6.10.  Not new.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Currently I do not believe photoshop supports the 16-bit OS X 10.5 printing architecture, so even with these drivers you do not get 16-bit printing.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 02:02:34 pm
Quote
Currently I do not believe photoshop supports the 16-bit OS X 10.5 printing architecture, so even with these drivers you do not get 16-bit printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176704\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You do get it from Aperture, I think.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: francois on February 23, 2008, 04:16:52 am
Quote
Currently I do not believe photoshop supports the 16-bit OS X 10.5 printing architecture, so even with these drivers you do not get 16-bit printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176704\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's right. Aperture, as Nikos wrote above, is supposed to support 16-bit printing but I haven't tried.
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: digitaldog on February 23, 2008, 12:54:20 pm
Quote
Currently I do not believe photoshop supports the 16-bit OS X 10.5 printing architecture, so even with these drivers you do not get 16-bit printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176704\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It does not (nor does Lightroom).
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: DavidP on February 23, 2008, 02:16:28 pm
I have been using this driver with my 4800 and Leopard, I know there is a lack of 16 bit support in applications yet, but I don't even have the 16 bit option showing up in the printer dialog, I see from screen shots where it is supposed to be. I wonder if it is supported with the 4800
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: digitaldog on February 23, 2008, 02:27:00 pm
Quote
I have been using this driver with my 4800 and Leopard, I know there is a lack of 16 bit support in applications yet, but I don't even have the 16 bit option showing up in the printer dialog, I see from screen shots where it is supposed to be. I wonder if it is supported with the 4800
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=176907\")

You should see it if you've got the Leopard drives:
[a href=\"http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Epson_Driver_Leopard.pdf]http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Epson_Driver_Leopard.pdf[/url]
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: DavidP on February 25, 2008, 11:31:04 am
Quote
You should see it if you've got the Leopard drives:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Epson_Driver_Leopard.pdf (http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Epson_Driver_Leopard.pdf)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I see from the pdf where it is supposed to be and the check box is not there, maybe I need to re install the beta driver, I had the european driver in there for a while before the beta came out. I guess it is not that important anyway until the applications get upgraded.
I was just trying to see if the 4800 should be supported
Title: Epson Pro Beta 16bit drivers for Leopard
Post by: francois on February 25, 2008, 11:55:03 am
Quote
I see from the pdf where it is supposed to be and the check box is not there, maybe I need to re install the beta driver, I had the european driver in there for a while before the beta came out. I guess it is not that important anyway until the applications get upgraded.
I was just trying to see if the 4800 should be supported
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Try to delete your printer from the printer list first and re-add it (make sure you use Epson USB or any other Epson specific and not the generic system drivers). If it doesn't work, then re-install the beta drivers.