Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 01:02:18 am

Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: NikosR on February 22, 2008, 01:02:18 am
I just installed the Epson beta drivers for Apple Leopard for my 3800 and I saw a message saying that this printer driver is for 3800/3800C/3850 printers.

I'm not aware of a 3800C (Colorburst?) and I don't believe a 3850 is yet announced. I suppose the 3850 will support the new inks the the current xx80 series printers support?.

Anybody knows more about this?


EDIT: I'm being told 3850 is the name of the 3800 in Asia. If this is true, it is certainly confusing.... Sorry if I have managed to confuse you too.
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: francois on February 22, 2008, 03:18:34 am
Quote
…I'm not aware of a 3800C (Colorburst?) and I don't believe a 3850 is yet announced.
…
I believe that this is just the "Pro" version of the 3800. The Epson 3800 Pro is a std 3800 with Colorburst RIP software.
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: Farmer on February 22, 2008, 08:28:46 am
The 3850 is just a regionalised version of the 3800 as is the 3800C - they're all otherwise the same.
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 23, 2008, 12:31:08 am
And just like the 2100/2200 -- same printer in different locations.

I think the guys who named the Epson printers now work mostly for the Paper Naming division, whoch have given us Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte (not to be confused with Epson Presentation Paper Matte), and formerly known as Epson Enhanced Matte, formerly known as Epson Archival Matte, formerly . . .
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: TMcCulley on February 23, 2008, 02:42:32 am
Quote
And just like the 2100/2200 -- same printer in different locations.

I think the guys who named the Epson printers now work mostly for the Paper Naming division, whoch have given us Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte (not to be confused with Epson Presentation Paper Matte), and formerly known as Epson Enhanced Matte, formerly known as Epson Archival Matte, formerly . . .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176822\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whoever the executive that allowed the name changes to all of Epson's paper product should have his (a women wouldn't) key to the executive washroom revoked.  I think they all must have come from Nikon when they used to regionalize the cameras.

Tom
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: evonzz on February 26, 2008, 04:00:48 am
Quote
The 3850 is just a regionalised version of the 3800 as is the 3800C - they're all otherwise the same.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176633\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My 3800 purchased in Shanghai is a 3800C.
Title: Epson 3850 coming soon?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 26, 2008, 12:34:49 pm
Quote
My 3800 purchased in Shanghai is a 3800C.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But if you bought it in west Shanghai, it might have been called a 3800E, or a 3811G.