Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kaelaria on February 20, 2008, 06:26:10 pm

Title: Sources for Mat and FC blanks
Post by: kaelaria on February 20, 2008, 06:26:10 pm
Where does everyone get their mat and foam core blanks?  I'm doing my comparison shopping - I have a couple leads, but I want to make sure I make the best decision.

I want acid-free of course, but need to keep costs as low as possible beyond that.  I would love to use 8ply mat, but it looks much more ecconomical to use two 4ply sheets so far.

Also - the poly bags.  I've only found them for around a buck each so far in the largest sizes...there must be a better deal out there, that seems rediculously high for a few cents of plastic.

Thanks!
Title: Sources for Mat and FC blanks
Post by: WaltZ on February 20, 2008, 07:41:11 pm
Redimat.com is good.  Great prices and really friendly staff.

If you have a sales tax ID, and can find a local CMI Moulding distributor, they can be good too. just make sure they know you need acid free & archival.
Title: Sources for Mat and FC blanks
Post by: Jim Cole on February 20, 2008, 08:23:25 pm
You can try documounts.com, too.

Jim
www.jimcolephoto.com