Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: The View on February 20, 2008, 02:29:07 pm

Title: Best online lab?
Post by: The View on February 20, 2008, 02:29:07 pm
I'm trying to go a different route with promotional cards, and design a card in Photoshop and have it printed at an online photo lab.

Which online printer gives the most consistent results, especially in skin tones?

I am also interested to get the photos printed on good paper.

What is your experience with online labs? Do they give volume discount if you print 500?

Thanks,

Robert
Title: Best online lab?
Post by: usathyan on February 20, 2008, 03:42:32 pm
While on that note, i am really interested in finding out which online printer gives out the best landscape pictures, and while you are at it - prints out the best "Red" colors.

   
Title: Best online lab?
Post by: Jim Cole on February 20, 2008, 04:43:09 pm
While I do not do portrait work, I use postcardpress.com for my promotional cards. Using their supplied templates and specific instructions, I produce the card in Photoshop (you can use several different flavors of production software) and have had excellent results in overall quality with excellent color reproduction.

I assume that as long as you soft proof your images in CMYK, regardless of skin tones or not, the reproduction should be fine.

I usually buy their oversized postcards in batches of 500.

Jim
www.jimcolephoto.com
Title: Best online lab?
Post by: The View on February 20, 2008, 07:43:06 pm
There's a misunderstanding.

I'm not looking for a postcard printer.

I'm looking for an internet lab, that prints photos for those who don't have a professional quality photo printer yet.
Title: Best online lab?
Post by: Jim Cole on February 20, 2008, 08:22:05 pm
Quote
I'm trying to go a different route with promotional cards, and design a card in Photoshop and have it printed at an online photo lab.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176229\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could have fooled me...oh yeah, you did! You used the word card twice in your question and once with the word promotional. Why didn't you just ask for the best online photo printer?

And why are you asking this question on a "Papers, Printers and Inks" forum?

Gad zooks!