Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: marcgoldring on February 18, 2008, 02:03:15 pm

Title: Missing file in Library
Post by: marcgoldring on February 18, 2008, 02:03:15 pm
I imported a bunch of images, three of which were to be processed as an HDR image. I did that outside of LR, as usual, saved the file and went to synchronize the folder. I got a message that the image was already in the catalog. I can see it under Library in "already in catalog" and it lists the folder it's in as some other day's folder. When I look in explorer, it shows in the proper folder but I can't seem to move it via LR - and since it's in the right folder, I'm completely confused.

Sorry if this isn't as clear as it could be. I will clarify any confusion if you need it.

Thanks,

Marco
Title: Missing file in Library
Post by: tomrock on February 18, 2008, 05:16:06 pm
Your 3-image HDR has probably has the same name as one of the original files. Change the name of the HDR and try again.
Title: Missing file in Library
Post by: marcgoldring on February 18, 2008, 06:14:07 pm
Quote
Your 3-image HDR has probably has the same name as one of the original files. Change the name of the HDR and try again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175770\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nope, it's a different name. I can see the foolish thing in Explorer...

M
Title: Missing file in Library
Post by: marcgoldring on February 18, 2008, 06:18:15 pm
Quote
Nope, it's a different name. I can see the foolish thing in Explorer...

M
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175784\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But I did rename it and import it successfully. So, I'd love to understand what I was doing wrong but at least the problem seems to be solved in this instance.

M