Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: i2-lens on February 18, 2008, 12:34:29 pm

Title: Epson 3800 and Custom Profiles
Post by: i2-lens on February 18, 2008, 12:34:29 pm
Hi Everyone,

I just made my first custom profile for Ilford Galerie Gold Fiber Silk paper on my Epson 3800 printer.  The print results look fastastic, however, it only prints 2/3 of the page.  I'm not sure why.  the only change I made to my printing workflow is to change the profile to the one I created and select the Premium Semigloss Photo Paper as recommended by Ilford.  If I use the Ilford profile, it prints the entire page, no problems.  I've tried printing in both PSCS3 and Lightroom with the same result.  I believe it's something to do with the profile.

I use an EyeOne Photo LT to create my profile using the Easy RGB 1.2 target (where can I get different target with more colors).  This target comes standard with my LT version of the EyeOne Photo.  

I am using Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion dv9000 notebook, if you need this info.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  I'm pretty excited about using custom profiles and judging from the 2/3 print, it truly is quite different (great).

any help is appreciated.

Fernand
Title: Epson 3800 and Custom Profiles
Post by: i2-lens on February 18, 2008, 04:38:01 pm
Problem solved, I made a new profile, this time it worked.

On the Michael and Jeff video, "from Camera to Print", Michael printed out a target.  Where does one get that target?  Where can I buy that target?  the target that comes with my i1 Photo Lt is the Easy target with only 3 rows of colours.  Is it better to use a target with more colours?

Thanks
Fernand