Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sloow on February 18, 2008, 11:55:29 am

Title: HP driver causing mac os x sleep problems?
Post by: sloow on February 18, 2008, 11:55:29 am
I have found by trial and error that components of the HP printer driver were causing or contributing to a problem with my Mac Powerbook going to sleep. If I open up the Activity monitor and force quit all processes with HP in the name... The sleep function seems to work normally.  The problem stays quiet until I use the driver again, then regardless of restarts, forced sleep, etc. the driver stays active until I go back into the Activity monitor and force quit.. An unwieldy solution at best.

Are there preferences in the driver that I'm missing that would help with this issue?
Title: HP driver causing mac os x sleep problems?
Post by: neil snape on February 19, 2008, 08:21:43 am
Quote
I have found by trial and error that components of the HP printer driver were causing or contributing to a problem with my Mac Powerbook going to sleep. If I open up the Activity monitor and force quit all processes with HP in the name... The sleep function seems to work normally.  The problem stays quiet until I use the driver again, then regardless of restarts, forced sleep, etc. the driver stays active until I go back into the Activity monitor and force quit.. An unwieldy solution at best.

Are there preferences in the driver that I'm missing that would help with this issue?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175695\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had that with my G4 MDD. I had to quit the HP Status Monitor if I remember right. I would have made an automator script to do so but the process number changes. It was only a problem with both the Z drivers and the 9180 at the same time.
It seems to be fixed with the most recent drivers, but I changed to MacIntel as a main computer.
Yet the MDD sleeps now no problem.