Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JDClements on February 17, 2008, 01:55:46 pm

Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: JDClements on February 17, 2008, 01:55:46 pm
When I import raw (CR2) files directly from my Canon camera into Lightroom, the import dialogue does not show any thumbnails. If I was importing jpg images, the thumbnails show. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: JDClements on March 04, 2008, 07:29:07 pm
Anybody?
Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: mahleu on March 05, 2008, 05:09:53 am
Which canon camera? You may need to update lightroom so that it can thumbnail your raws.
Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: JDClements on March 05, 2008, 07:50:40 am
Rebel XTi
Lightroom 1.3.1 (403270) Camera Raw 4.3.1
Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: john beardsworth on March 05, 2008, 09:00:03 am
When you put the card into a card reader, does LR see the thumbnails?

And what operating system?

John
Title: No thumbnails when importing
Post by: JDClements on March 16, 2008, 06:48:03 pm
Quote
When you put the card into a card reader, does LR see the thumbnails?

And what operating system?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179276\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Windows XP SP2.

I just tested it out and yes, if I use a card reader the thumbnails show up. So the problem is related to reading the card while it is still in the camera.