Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JDClements on February 17, 2008, 11:27:15 am

Title: Need help getting an Ilford profile
Post by: JDClements on February 17, 2008, 11:27:15 am
I bought a sample pack of the Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper for my Epson R2400 and cannot get the ICC profiles from the Ilford web site. When I try to register on that site to download the profiles, I just get an error.

I sent a message to Ilford, but have not heard back and was hoping that someone here would be able to provide the profile for me.
Title: Need help getting an Ilford profile
Post by: juicy on February 17, 2008, 02:30:22 pm
Quote
I bought a sample pack of the Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper for my Epson R2400 and cannot get the ICC profiles from the Ilford web site. When I try to register on that site to download the profiles, I just get an error.

I sent a message to Ilford, but have not heard back and was hoping that someone here would be able to provide the profile for me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175464\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Hi!

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? If not, try again with cookies enabled. That solved my problem.

Ilford's site and registration system (to be able to download the profiles) is a total disaster when it comes to instructions and useability.

Cheers,
J
Title: Need help getting an Ilford profile
Post by: JDClements on February 17, 2008, 03:10:48 pm
Yes, I have cookies enabled. I checked and the Ilford site successfully deposited a cookie in the jar. I use Firefox, but I also switched the rendering engine to IE without success. Looks like the site is having a script error.

I was just emailed the profiles from another user, so I am ready to roll!
Title: Need help getting an Ilford profile
Post by: francois on February 18, 2008, 03:40:53 am
Quote
Yes, I have cookies enabled. I checked and the Ilford site successfully deposited a cookie in the jar. I use Firefox, but I also switched the rendering engine to IE without success. Looks like the site is having a script error.

I was just emailed the profiles from another user, so I am ready to roll!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175496\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had to register and they sent me an e-mail with links to the profiles I needed… IIRC, I used Safari with cookies enabled.
Title: Need help getting an Ilford profile
Post by: JDClements on February 18, 2008, 09:41:05 am
Ilford contacted me this morning and has fixed the script error on their site.