Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Charles Gast on February 14, 2008, 08:05:58 pm

Title: HPz3100+Pictorico HG film
Post by: Charles Gast on February 14, 2008, 08:05:58 pm
I have some high gloss white film from pictorico and wanted to calibrate and profile it as a custom media in my z3100. I chose transparency film as the film type and my custom paper does not show up when I go to the calibration menu. It also tells me it has failed when trying to created the custom paper type.

If anyone has knowledge of how to print with this media in this printer please let me know  

Thanks

Charlie
Title: HPz3100+Pictorico HG film
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on February 15, 2008, 03:06:17 am
Quote
I have some high gloss white film from pictorico and wanted to calibrate and profile it as a custom media in my z3100. I chose transparency film as the film type and my custom paper does not show up when I go to the calibration menu. It also tells me it has failed when trying to created the custom paper type.

If anyone has knowledge of how to print with this media in this printer please let me know  

Thanks

Charlie
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=174954\")


I do not think you can calibrate transparent film on the Z3100 so the HP software does not offer you that possibility. You better take another media preset to start from if you want to calibrate and profile this Pictorio. And the transparency media preset lays down a very thin ink layer if you wish to use the Pictorio as a backlit film or alike, black is then very grey. Better take one of the media presets with a higher ink limit then.


Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
Title: HPz3100+Pictorico HG film
Post by: neil snape on February 15, 2008, 11:04:05 am
I'd profile it as glossy photo stock. Transparency calibrations are not possible on the Z, as there is no on board light source to backlight the media.

On the 9180 the same paper works extremely well. No reason why it wouldn't on the Z. I thought there was a profile on HP's site for Pictoricco....
Title: HPz3100+Pictorico HG film
Post by: Charles Gast on February 16, 2008, 06:07:56 pm
[Thanks!