Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sedboyscotty on February 14, 2008, 12:46:48 am
-
I have arranged a gallery show for later this year, i purchased a ipf8100 printer to print all of my work. My printer saleman's , contacted Canon for me in reguards to a possible sponsarship from Canon.
My seller hooked me up with a Canon person, and he said that Canon would supply paper and ink for the show. As you can guess, i'm really happy with the offer.
My question is- Which paper is their best?
I like semi gloss or lustre papers, but is their a stand out in the Canon line of printers?
many thanks
Chris
-
I have arranged a gallery show for later this year, i purchased a ipf8100 printer to print all of my work. My printer saleman's , contacted Canon for me in reguards to a possible sponsarship from Canon.
My seller hooked me up with a Canon person, and he said that Canon would supply paper and ink for the show. As you can guess, i'm really happy with the offer.
My question is- Which paper is their best?
I like semi gloss or lustre papers, but is their a stand out in the Canon line of printers?
many thanks
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174758\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Completely depends on what sort of paper you like, the look you want, the style of shots you will be printing ad infinitum...
Its really personal preference - there isnt a best.
My favourite Canon paper though to give you a suggestion is actually made by Hahnemuhle and its called Museum Etching. A very thick textured paper based on Photorag - excellent D-Max for a matt paper.
-
Chris:
One thing to consider is the roll core size - most of Canon's papers are on 2" cores and they get really tight and curly. They do have several that come on 3" cores and those print much better and lay a lot flatter in the end. I don't have the specs in front of me but Canon has a very nice pdf that lists all of their papers and tells which ones are on the 3" core (one is a heavy, premium glossy and one is a heavy, premium luster). Oops, I do have that pdf handy, and the two I have used and recommend (and are on 3" cores) are Premium Bright Photo Glossy and Premium Bright Photo Satin. They are listed as 14mil, 260gsm. One of those would be my pick. They also have some fine art paper on 3" cores as well...
Tim Ernst in Arkansas
http://www.buffalorivergallery.com (http://www.buffalorivergallery.com)
-
Canon Premium Bright Photo Satin is my favorite. Great color gamut and a nice soft finish.
-
Yup, that is my favorite too and it comes on a 3" core - I listed it as luster in my post above but just corrected it...I don't know too many folks who use these Canon papers but they sure are nice and the price is good...
-
The Premium Bright Satin is excellent. I also like the Polished Rag.