Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: William Morse on February 11, 2008, 05:05:30 pm
-
Before I got APS, with the new firmware, you could add a new paper from within HP printer utility, using the settings for say, fineart paper>250gms, and name the new custom paper. Thus, you could have many custom papers using the same config, and you could have different ink limits, etc.
Since installing APS, I can't add new papers from HP printer utility, and APS doesn't seem to allow you to rename a custom paper from eg fineart paper>250gms.
Am I just missing something, or does "Advanced" mean less options?
Bill
-
Nobody else has noticed this?
Bill
-
William,
Not sure what's going on there. Last week I added Harman Gloss FB Al in the HP Print Utility and then proceeded to profile it with APS.
Maybe your print utility is corrupted (it happens!). Try uninstalling the print utility, rebooting and reinstalling and see it that helps.
Jim
-
Bill-
It sounds like you may have the abbreviated menu for the HP Printer Utility right now. For some reason, from time to time, I don't have the Manage Papers option and a few other options in the left hand pane of the HP Printer Utility. I think that this happens when the utility forgets which driver/PPD you have chosen to drive the printer. Click on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the Printer Utility screen and it should fix it for you.
FWIW: I setup and calibrate new papers with the Printer Utility, then switch to APS to profile the paper.
-Ron H.
-
Wow! that was it!
Thanks, Ron
Bill
Bill-
It sounds like you may have the abbreviated menu for the HP Printer Utility right now. For some reason, from time to time, I don't have the Manage Papers option and a few other options in the left hand pane of the HP Printer Utility. I think that this happens when the utility forgets which driver/PPD you have chosen to drive the printer. Click on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the Printer Utility screen and it should fix it for you.
FWIW: I setup and calibrate new papers with the Printer Utility, then switch to APS to profile the paper.
-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176292\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
Wow! that was it!
Thanks, Ron
Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm happy to hear that, Bill. I spent an hour on the phone with HP tech support when I was fighting this battle, and as an afterthought, after trying pretty much everything else, the guy suggested I hit that button. It is a perfect example of how, in the digital realm, 99.9% right can still give you nothing. I would hope that this solution would be higher in tech support's list of options to try by now, since it is so simple.
-Ron H.