Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Moynihan on February 10, 2008, 05:44:05 pm

Title: Question for D200 users
Post by: Moynihan on February 10, 2008, 05:44:05 pm
I have a question for Nikon D200 users.
If one were to mount a 28mm f/2 AI-S (a manual focus lense) on it, how difficult/good is focusing?
Title: Question for D200 users
Post by: bendle on February 10, 2008, 07:41:45 pm
Quote
I have a question for Nikon D200 users.
If one were to mount a 28mm f/2 AI-S (a manual focus lense) on it, how difficult/good is focusing?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173823\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This lens is not hard to focus, it is a very sharp lens which i use regularly on my D200.
Title: Question for D200 users
Post by: Moynihan on February 11, 2008, 01:04:11 am
Quote
This lens is not hard to focus, it is a very sharp lens which i use regularly on my D200.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173853\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK
I was wondering about the "screen" in the pentaprism of the d200, manually focusing "on" it.
Title: Question for D200 users
Post by: Rob C on February 11, 2008, 10:53:55 am
Moynihan

I use both a 2.8/24 and a 1.8/50 on the D200 and neither causes problems of focussing, so I see no reason to expect that a 2/28 would prove a problem.

The above lenses of mine are both manual focussing ones.

As with all these screens, and also with the 500C/M Hasselblad systems, I wish that the makers would provide a grid screen with a split-image focussing device to suit all apertures of lenses. Nikon provided such a screen, but only for slow lenses...

Rob C
Title: Question for D200 users
Post by: Tony Beach on February 11, 2008, 01:23:35 pm
I have one of my D200 bodies outfitted with a Katz Eye screen, that makes focusing with older lenses much easier.