Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: DarkPenguin on February 10, 2008, 02:22:46 pm

Title: Hand strap
Post by: DarkPenguin on February 10, 2008, 02:22:46 pm
I know these guys market wireless flash triggers that have gotten decent reviews.

Anyone use their hand straps?  Are there other options out there?  

The strap in question.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?...&cat=269&page=1 (http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16448&cat=269&page=1)
Title: Hand strap
Post by: mahleu on February 10, 2008, 03:22:00 pm
I've used a similar handstrap on a 5D and it worked reasonably well. I'm tempted to get one. The one I used had an extra strap which clipped around your wrist so that you physically can't drop it.
Title: Hand strap
Post by: DarkPenguin on February 10, 2008, 03:53:46 pm
They have one of those.  It is at the bottom of their hand strap page.

I feel confident that if I used such a hand strap I'd go to adjust my hat and suddenly drive 10lbs of camera gear into my brain.
Title: Hand strap
Post by: walter.sk on February 10, 2008, 07:00:42 pm
Quote
I know these guys market wireless flash triggers that have gotten decent reviews.

Anyone use their hand straps?  Are there other options out there? 

The strap in question.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?...&cat=269&page=1 (http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16448&cat=269&page=1)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used to use a similar hand strap on my 1DMkII.  However, I got used to using the vertical handgrip with is own shutterbutton, and had to fight to get the dangling handstrap out of my eye as I tried to access the viewfinder.  I ultimately gave up the handstrap.  It did, however, provide much more stability when shooting in landscape mode.
Title: Hand strap
Post by: Anders_HK on February 14, 2008, 05:27:09 pm
Check these http://www.camdapter.com/ (http://www.camdapter.com/)

I have mine in shipping, so yet unsure how well it will work. Per my search it seems like the most professional handstrap out there.

Regards
Anders