Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hsteeves on February 08, 2008, 12:26:12 pm
-
so, long story short; bought a 24" imac last fall, got a 3800 Pro(with RIP)at Christmas, printer deal because it sat in store for 6 months. I own a 2200 but I am not good with it. I currently wing it with crap results. Is there somewhere/something to hold me by the hand as try to print with this set-up?
Just got a Spider3Elite by the way - hope it helps.
harvey
-
Try this web site: http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html)
dan
so, long story short; bought a 24" imac last fall, got a 3800 Pro(with RIP)at Christmas, printer deal because it sat in store for 6 months. I own a 2200 but I am not good with it. I currently wing it with crap results. Is there somewhere/something to hold me by the hand as try to print with this set-up?
Just got a Spider3Elite by the way - hope it helps.
harvey
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173337\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
The Camera to Print video on this web site gets good reviews. Eric Chan's wiki referenced above has a nice step-by-step printing tutorial.
The 3800 (like any modern printer) requires a very specific set of preference settings to get good results. Most of these settings aren't the defaults, of course.
Good luck.
-
I second the above comment! Get Camera to Print as soon as possible…
-
I'm using a new 3800 and I love the quality of the prints, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the print feeder. I posted a message yesterday, but unfortunately no-one has responded thus far. You mentioned setting custom Preferences for the printer. Are there any preferences that may effect the print feeding on this machine?
thanks.
nick
-
I'm using a new 3800 and I love the quality of the prints, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the print feeder. I posted a message yesterday, but unfortunately no-one has responded thus far. You mentioned setting custom Preferences for the printer. Are there any preferences that may effect the print feeding on this machine?
thanks.
nick
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm sorry, I didn't see your other message. Can you describe the issues you are having with the paper feed mechanism?
-
I'm using a new 3800 and I love the quality of the prints, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the print feeder. I posted a message yesterday, but unfortunately no-one has responded thus far. You mentioned setting custom Preferences for the printer. Are there any preferences that may effect the print feeding on this machine?
thanks.
nick
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=173560\")
Here's a link to Nick's question.
[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23053]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=23053[/url]